Ketogenic diet need help just started

Options
I really need some help with ketogenic diet I can't get my calories to where they should be and I don't know how much of everything I should have I work out about 80min a day involving swimming for 35 min a run for 15 min and strength for 40 min sometimes zumba for 60 min so how much carbs and fat and protein should I have

Replies

• ChristyMCampbell
    ChristyMCampbell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can help, I think... Quick ways to get in fats and keep your macros in order is to cook with plenty of oils/butter, eat avocado, bulletproof coffee. I had the same problem! Not sure what your calorie goal is but I would think somewhere around 1600-1800 with your workouts. 70% healthy fats, 25% protein, 5% carbs will get you to ketosis quickly, 2-3 days starting out. Once you get into ketosis, stay there! If your weight loss plateaus, eat a high carb meal and then go right back to keto meals. Keto sticks help at first to check ursine for ketones.
  • megkarson
    megkarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend a video series on YouTube by the "Fat Adapted Athlete" . He has tons of videos and he really knows his stuff.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, saw you comment in another thread...suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out and there are lots of knowledgeable LCHF MFP members there:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group