Anyone doing Keto?

Options
imanwgirl
imanwgirl Posts: 12 Member
Hello my name is Roxanne, I've been doing a Ketogenics diet since Thanksgiving with a 46 lb wait loss. Let's chat and talk about this way of eating.

Replies

• imanwgirl
    Options
    that would be weight...
  • mollirodriguez
    mollirodriguez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I literally am starting tomorrow just overwhelmed as to where to begin - is there keto app ?
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been doing for over two weeks, 11 pounds down and enjoying the food.
    I literally am starting tomorrow just overwhelmed as to where to begin - is there keto app ?

Go to Linda's Low Carb, menu and induction period, helped me out a ton.

• tenenda
    tenenda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started lchf about 3 weeks ago and am down 8lbs. I'm not checking whether I'm in ketosis or anything but so far so good.
  • gabbypridie
    gabbypridie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is keto I'm looking to loose weight efficently, quickly and in a healthy manner.
  • xnearlytherebx
    xnearlytherebx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    IMPORTANT
    Look up Low GI diets, they are much better for your health than keto. I have just gotten off my keto diet and trust me I feel so much better to be off of it. It is way to extreme for long periods of time and really burns you out! I am now doing Low GI and it is what I should have tried from the start. Message me if you need any more info or a chat xx
  • Skinnymine
    Skinnymine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    imanwgirl wrote: »
    Hello my name is Roxanne, I've been doing a Ketogenics diet since Thanksgiving with a 46 lb wait loss. Let's chat and talk about this way of eating.

Hey I just started ketogenic and I'm stuck on how much I should have of everything I work out about 80min a day involving swimming for 35 min running for 15 min and strength for 40 min I don't know how much crabs or fat and protein to have
  • Skinnymine
    Skinnymine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Skinnymine wrote: »

Hey I just started ketogenic and I'm stuck on how much I should have of everything I work out about 80min a day involving swimming for 35 min running for 15 min and strength for 40 min I don't know how much crabs or fat and protein to have

And it's hard to get the calories to where they need to be
  • imanwgirl
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There is two schools of thought on Ketogenics. One is high fat low carb HFLC and the other is hi protein and low carb HPLC. I subscribe to the high protein and low carb and I use the macro nutrients from a Facebook page called Ketogenic Dieters. The macronutrients I stick to are 120 Protein/70 Fat/20 Carbs. I started on the high fat low carb and lost 20 pounds and plateaued and discovered on the high protein low carb school of thought that when you reach maintenance you increase your fat which made sense as to why my weight loss stalled. That is why I switched to high protein low carb. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food and stay on track with my macronutrients.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There is two schools of thought on Ketogenics. One is high fat low carb HFLC and the other is hi protein and low carb HPLC. I subscribe to the high protein and low carb and I use the macro nutrients from a Facebook page called Ketogenic Dieters. The macronutrients I stick to are 120 Protein/70 Fat/20 Carbs. I started on the high fat low carb and lost 20 pounds and plateaued and discovered on the high protein low carb school of thought that when you reach maintenance you increase your fat which made sense as to why my weight loss stalled. That is why I switched to high protein low carb.

Interesting. I've been on 100 fat/100 protein/20 carb and I lost 20 lbs and then stalled, too. I've been stuck for a month. I swim for an hour four or more times a week, and lift weights for about an hour, three times a week, and throw in some walking when I can.
  • imanwgirl
    Options

I am on a Facebook page called Ketogenics Dieters, excellent resource, there are Keto Apps out there you just need to decide if you are going high fat or high protein.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    IMPORTANT
    Look up Low GI diets, they are much better for your health than keto. I have just gotten off my keto diet and trust me I feel so much better to be off of it. It is way to extreme for long periods of time and really burns you out! I am now doing Low GI and it is what I should have tried from the start. Message me if you need any more info or a chat xx

This is one of those YMMV things. Ketosis specifically controls my migraines, just as it controls some kinds of seizures. Low GI would not do this. I had developed side effects from every anti-seizure Rx I'd ever been put on; so far the only side effect I've had from keto is losing 20 lbs of almost all fat.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Please provide references for hi protein and low carb as being Ketogenic
    There is two schools of thought on Ketogenics. One is high fat low carb HFLC and the other is hi protein and low carb HPLC. I subscribe to the high protein and low carb and I use the macro nutrients from a Facebook page called Ketogenic Dieters. The macronutrients I stick to are 120 Protein/70 Fat/20 Carbs. I started on the high fat low carb and lost 20 pounds and plateaued and discovered on the high protein low carb school of thought that when you reach maintenance you increase your fat which made sense as to why my weight loss stalled. That is why I switched to high protein low carb. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food and stay on track with my macronutrients.

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

@Skinnymine, et al, there are loads of knowledgeable LCHF MFP'ers in the above group to tap.