Snack/Meal ideas for NoWheat/NoSugar/NoDairy

Options
I'm doing a two week cleanse of no wheat, no sugar and no dairy.

It's been one week so I have 1 more left to go but I'm starting to run out of ideas/meals that still stay within my limitations

:)

Any thoughts or ideas!?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You'll have to check these against your limitations, but some of my go-to snacks that might fit are: nuts, wasabi peas, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter -- I'm not sure if you're just cutting added sugars or all sugars, so some of these may not work out for you
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Just repeat week 1?

If you're only doing it for 2 weeks as a "cleanse" does it really matter if you eat the same things as last week?
  • AimiAutumn
    AimiAutumn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just added sugars! And I am going to repeat a lot of my meals but they are getting kind of boring/unexciting. I'd like to try new recipes/snack ideas to keep me interested/motivated
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason you are abstaining from wheat (like an actual medical condition), or do you plan on going back to eating in after this week? If the second, I wouldn't bother with another week. "Cleanses" are not necessary.
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegtables. Broccoli and cauliflower with some olive oil and seasoning. 350 for 20 minutes. Boom.
    Look for a vegan cookbook. I love "one dish vegan"
  • AimiAutumn
    AimiAutumn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ameliadlt wrote: »
    Roasted vegtables. Broccoli and cauliflower with some olive oil and seasoning. 350 for 20 minutes. Boom.
    Look for a vegan cookbook. I love "one dish vegan"
    Oh! I do have a vegan cookbook. I actually was vegan for quite awhile so I've got quite a few. Thanks for reminding me!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My thoughts/ideas:
    Cleanses aren't really a thing,
    you can't avoid sugar completely (it's in fruit, vegetables, grains, and dairy).
    if you're allergic to wheat and dairy, why not just cut them out?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz cleanses. Why do people torture themselves?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses itself.

Unless you have a medical condition there is no reason whatsoever to abstain from dairy, wheat or sugar.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    AimiAutumn wrote: »
    Just added sugars! And I am going to repeat a lot of my meals but they are getting kind of boring/unexciting. I'd like to try new recipes/snack ideas to keep me interested/motivated

When you cut out so many food groups, you also cut your choices--so yes, boring/unexciting. This is your choice. Someone who wants to eat this way, should like the same things over and over. You don't--what does that tell you? Unsustainable. You say it's for 2 weeks, but still want exciting. Good luck.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    None of those pretty much leaves veggies and nuts as your snack food. I guess you don't want too much fruit either?
    If you don't mind fruit then there are soooo many nice fruits to have for snack time and no preparation needed, which is nice in summertime.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Never did a cleanse, not ever doing one.