5'3 and 180lbs

Options
Yuluvsunnyd
Yuluvsunnyd Posts: 17 Member
For those around my height and weight. How long did it take to lose the first 20-30lbs. My first goal is to get down to my pre pregnancy weight which is 155lbs.

Replies

• timmybitey
    timmybitey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 9 weeks to lose 12lbs! So, you r doing an awesome job!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I was around 182 and it took me about a year to lose 24lbs. I was breastfeeding and didn't want to lose too fast. Now that my son has weaned I've started losing again and instead of a .5 lb/week average I lose 2lbs/week.
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Same height, I started at 184, and have lost about 19 lbs in about 60 days ( I started tracking on here about 2 weeks in to just making better/smaller food choices and have been on this site about 40 days now).
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and started at 175 on Jan 3/16. I am now down to 152, so about 21 weeks to lose 23 pounds.
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am starting a similar journey. 5'4 190lbs...just signed up for a 6 month Dietbet starting tomorrow. Goal is for losing 10% in those 6 months, which puts me at 171lb by Dec 1st. My ultimate goal is to be 140lb by the time I am 45 which is in 2 years.
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 178lbs, I'm on day 23 and I am down 6.5lbs. I eat around 1600 calories a day.
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm somewhere in between 5'2 and 5'3. I used to weigh 160lbs, and it took about 6 months to lose about 25lbs. A year on I fought to lose a bit more, I'm now 122lbs and the happiest I've felt in years! Feel free to message me, I'm happy to help :blush:
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    It's been nine months and I've lost almost thirty pounds 5"2. Currently 144 pounds. Took me ages to realise I can run on the spot while baby is playing...been much more active in the last two months. No gym, just walking and recently jogging.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 180 in July 2014. I lost about 5 pounds per month pretty consistently for the first several months (maybe a bit more the first month). After 6-7 months it slowed down a bit- I hit a few plateaus and finally had lost 45 within a year. After that it took me 5-6 months to lose the last 10 pounds (with Christmas and a month of family birthdays in there)- and made my goal of 125 by end of March 2016. Now working on maintaining.
  • nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    5'6 was 137.7kg when started 8 weeks ago now 121.3kgs loss of 16.7kg (32lb) still away to go. But hard work does pay off.
  • burtisfamily7
    burtisfamily7 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It just goes to show one size does not fit all! I am 5 '3 and started at 186, I am 177. So 9 lbs in 8 months. But im consistent in maintaining too. It has been a little bit harder as I have Lupus and Hashimotos (autoimmune hypo thyroid) and I recently came off Prednisone for the lupus. SO a little puffy still. I am DAMN proud of those 9 lbs! LOL I am 37 and have 5 kids, I dont need to do a rapid 30 lb loss in a month, I am def slow and steady and thats ok! I have to be. I will be on top of the world, losing, then I have a lupus flare and am down and out for a minute, its harder to track food and move. Or I feel great and then my Thyroid levels go out of whack and takes a minute to readjust medication. But I have realized I can up my game a bit. Extra weight causes inflammation in the body, so thats not good for the lupus! So time to really get my butt in gear :)
  • Yuluvsunnyd
    edited June 2016
    Options
    tHank you for the responses !
  • Yuluvsunnyd
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and just started again 2 weeks ago. I started at 158.8 and this morning I am 151.8. 7 pounds in two weeks on the ketogenic diet.

What type of diet that is
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How's it going so far everyone? I am down 3lbs some starting on Monday. I am determined that for 6 months I am really committed to this (I joined a 6 month Dietbet...so if I lose 3% each month I get my money back each month. Hoping to be treating myself to something nice Dec 1st!)
  • Yuluvsunnyd
    Options
    im on day 5! wont be weighing myself until wednesay. which is 1 week
  • madisonagarcia
    madisonagarcia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3-5'4 i started at 154 and with 6 weeks of clean eating and HIIT 5x a week I'm down 10lbs.
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2".
    baby is a year now but i only started trying to lose weight when she was about 3 months. i was 180 pounds. i lost 30 pounds within 6 months (to get to pre-pregnancy weight). i've been maintaining there for the last 3 months, but i'd love to drop down another 20!
  • Yuluvsunnyd
    Options
    i'm 5'2".
    baby is a year now but i only started trying to lose weight when she was about 3 months. i was 180 pounds. i lost 30 pounds within 6 months (to get to pre-pregnancy weight). i've been maintaining there for the last 3 months, but i'd love to drop down another 20!

What did you do to lose the 30lbs ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!