How do I log cardio/strength training/resistance training DV

Options
Hello All!

As part of my fitness journey I have incorporated several aerobic DVDs into my routine. Some of these have resistance bands or use small hand weights incorporated into the routine. I am just curious as to how some of you are logging this kind of training. It isn't all aerobic and yet it isn't the same as counting reps. Just curious!

Thanks for the input in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Perhaps "circuit training" would be best fitting if you're doing cardio and strength.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM (heart rate monitor) like the ones Polar makes and it takes all the guess work out of it.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and log it as circuit training. If you don't have a HRM, still log as circuit training, but I'd take at least 150 calories off what MFP says. When I compare the two I average about 150 less. Good luck!
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    Perhaps "circuit training" would be best fitting if you're doing cardio and strength.

Okay! I wasn't sure if that had to mean big weights, like at a gym.
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    Get a HRM (heart rate monitor) like the ones Polar makes and it takes all the guess work out of it.

I have been considering this. I wasn't sure where to even begin when looking for one though. Is online best or this something I could pick up at a local store?
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    I use my HRM and log it as circuit training. If you don't have a HRM, still log as circuit training, but I'd take at least 150 calories off what MFP says. When I compare the two I average about 150 less. Good luck!

wow. disappointing. :O( But good to know! I'll have to invest in an HRM.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Walmart, Target Sears or a sporting goods store carry them.
  • sara_rose
    sara_rose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you find a good HRM let me know, I am looking for one too.