Starting with Herbal Life!

Options
shennin001
shennin001 Posts: 113 Member
I'm starting my diet with herbal life shakes because i know some ppl that have lost a lot of weight with it. What meals should i replace with herballife? Are there any suggestions or things that helped u stick to the shakes plan.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion would be to quit the Herbalife
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Don't bother with the herbal life at all
    Eat what you normally eat but less of it. Stick to your daily target and you will lose
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't really have to replace any meals unless you want to, because losing weight comes down to a calorie deficit, so that all you have to do is eat fewer calories than you burn. You can do that eating food, or drinking shakes, or a combination, it's up to you. Most people prefer to eat food, because that's easier to stick to, and those shakes don't have any magical properties, but it's your choice.

Be extra aware of Herbalife, though, as others have commented already, it comes with real health hazard.
  • siobhan_mchsle
    siobhan_mchsle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have started Herbalife last week how are you finding it?
  • shennin001
    shennin001 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lol these comments made me laugh so hard. I get it it's not a good choice. Thank you though for all for the comments. I am using herbal life mostly to get a boost.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    shennin001 wrote: »
    Lol these comments made me laugh so hard. I get it it's not a good choice. Thank you though for all for the comments. I am using herbal life mostly to get a boost.

The only boost someone gets from that stuff is in the wallets of the MLM people that sold it to you.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Save the money you're spending on a pyramid scheme of overpriced vitamins and supplements and buy a food scale instead.

Marketing can be effective. So can placebos. If Herbalife actually worked long term at all, it would be all over the news every night. It doesn't. And it can be dangerous.

You don't need to spend money to lose weight (except for maybe $20 to buy a food scale)
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lol she didnt ask about herbal life, she asked for advice in sticking to the plan....jesus guys, i know you're all desperate to impart your sage advice on the girl but not one of you answered the questions.

@shennin001

Meal replacement shakes i find tend to work best in the middle of the day, some people can do with replacing breakfast but i find having an actual meal, replacing lunch and then a real meal for dinner is easier ( i use protein shakes and blended porridge oats etc but same applies)

Im a fan of IF (intermittent fasting) and that usually works well around shakes of all kinds.

to herballife or not to herballife...thats your choice
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Isn't Herbalife the one that is linked to liver damage and liver failure, even in those who had no pre existing liver issues?

I would stay far away.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wouldn't replace any meals with it. Eat foods you like and stay under your calorie goal. If you know herbalife is not a good choice, then why on earth would you use it?
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    The only "boost" is to the person's bank account you're buying them from.
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will replace a serving of protein (tuna sandwich, chicken, hard boiled egg) with a protein shake (whey during the day, Casein at night) if I'm in a hurry or haven't consumed enough protein due to HEAVY CARDIO WORKOUTS. Heavy cardio workouts, weight training and a proper diet FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE is the only way to be healthy, lose weight and maintain a proper weight. CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
  • madelinecamille
    madelinecamille Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, Herba Life won't teach you anything about maintaining a healthy relationship with food. I've tried "quick fix" fad diets in the past (hcg being my biggest mistake), and while I did lose weight, it was at an alarming and unhealthy rate. I couldn't sustain the diet for more than a month and gained all the weight right back.