No scale change-- but I think I see a difference (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Right off I noticed slimmer hips! Keep going, whatever you're doing is working!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    lol.. I didn't look at the dates.. and I thought 'oh no, you looked so much better in your first pic'... but then, I read the dates, and there is a def difference in your abs, legs and hips.. keep it up :D

Haha, I did the same thing- there is a definite difference! You are looking great!

Me too, I was like uh oh, she looks skinnier before lmao
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    I totally see your hips disappearing!! Wow, let me know what exercise you're doing...got my mother's hips over here :)
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There is a definite difference! Well done!
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks all-- it really helps to have unbiased opinions from folks who don't see me everyday. I lift heavy, so I think that has me all screwed up, It's like I told my husband, it's really hard to do all of this and not have tangible/in your face results. As far as lower body goes I do weights and elliptical.

Thanks again--
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this a while back and I had used/borrowed it in my blog (I have no idea who posted it sorry) and I keep reading it to keep me going (even if it has miss spelled words its still awesome) Feathers to Gold BABY!!!

If you were to compare your muscles and fat to gold and feathers with one pound of fat being a big lumpy bag of feathers, and one pound of muscle as a small but extremely valuable piece of gold. Our goal would then be to get rid of the lumpy feathers and replace it with as much gold as possible. So in effect we would weigh exactly the same the only problem with the scale is that it doesn’t differentiate between the two. It can’t tell you how much of your total body weight is lean tissue (gold) and how much is fat (feathers).

Skin-fold calipers, hydrostatic (or underwater) weighing and bioelectrical impedance are all methods we can use to measure our body composition to discern whether we are losing (or gaining) fat and muscle and while none of these methods are 100% accurate, they offer a better way of measuring our bodies changes than the scale.

Now if the thought of being pinched, dunked, or gently electrocuted doesn’t appeal to you, don’t worry, one of the best measurement tool of all is a simple tape measure and your very own eyes. If the tape is showing that you have lost inches, your clothes fit better and the person looking back at you in the mirror is a leaner, fitter more confident person who isn’t bound by different coloured days then surly that is a better judge of your success than the lies from the bathroom scale.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    More definition in your waist, stomach and hips!! Way to go!

I agree...:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!