Christmas Abbott 2016 Ultimate Challenge

Options
Is anyone participating in this challenge? I think it's run through Oxygen Magazine...I'm not familiar with the magazine, but follow Christmas Abbott on Instagram and she posted a link to this (https://www.aimfitnessnetwork.com/courses/oc2-team-christmas). She's doing a challenge for 90 days that included a customized fitness program and meal plan and because I think she's a goddess, I threw my money at her! Now that I'm looking at it...I'm REALLY intimidated...like maybe I got in over my head here!

I lift 4 days a week, do HIIT 1 day a week currently. I'm nearly religious about tracking my food and maintaining my macros, and I feel like I have made huge strides in my fitness in the past 8-10 months. But now I'm worried.

Have any of you out there done one of her challenges?

Replies

• Amanda_BiohealthFit
    Amanda_BiohealthFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been going back and forth on which one to order. How is her meal planning? Is it simple?
  • Amanda_BiohealthFit
    Amanda_BiohealthFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you get the material already? I signed up for both, but it says the material isn't available till Wednesday.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I saw someone ask on Facebook and they got a response saying that the first week's meal plan should be available today, so we shall see. Have you done one of these before?
  • tusonan
    tusonan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be too scared, they're meant to be done so that you start out slowly and by 3rd month it's nothing big...I did the challenge last year with #teamamanda and it's amazing how much I learned and how much better I was physically as I went on and I sometimes couldn't get enough
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about the program, but just wanted to say that Christmas Abbot is one tough little bad *booty passes the kitten filter* woman!
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    tusonan wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too scared, they're meant to be done so that you start out slowly and by 3rd month it's nothing big...I did the challenge last year with #teamamanda and it's amazing how much I learned and how much better I was physically as I went on and I sometimes couldn't get enough

That's awesome! Workouts are supposed to be sent at Midnight, so I'm going to see if I'm able to do it at my morning workout tomorrow or if I need to wait a day to work through it on paper first.
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I know nothing about the program, but just wanted to say that Christmas Abbot is one tough little bad *booty passes the kitten filter* woman!

Yes...I very much agree with this statement!!!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I love Christmas Abbott, but I was really disappointed in her book. I'm hoping for you that this challenge isn't like what she had outlined there.
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I love Christmas Abbott, but I was really disappointed in her book. I'm hoping for you that this challenge isn't like what she had outlined there.

I was not a fan either. We did get the meal plan last week, and I prepped the first week of food yesterday...and doing a "taste test" of everything, it was all delicious, and fits into my macros/calorie goal quite well. The plan in her book hardly hit 1000 calories some days, so I was nervous about that, but the lowest day on this plan is on the Rest days from the gym and is 1300 without snacks, which you have 2/day, so I'm less worried about it now. But I am a little intimidated by how the workouts are going to be!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

I was not a fan either. We did get the meal plan last week, and I prepped the first week of food yesterday...and doing a "taste test" of everything, it was all delicious, and fits into my macros/calorie goal quite well. The plan in her book hardly hit 1000 calories some days, so I was nervous about that, but the lowest day on this plan is on the Rest days from the gym and is 1300 without snacks, which you have 2/day, so I'm less worried about it now. But I am a little intimidated by how the workouts are going to be!

Excellent!
  • sunshineraej
    sunshineraej Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the Challenge w/ Coach Christmas. It looks like the food is simple & fast, which I love being a working mom. I just had the nut, date & chocolate energy balls for a snack and they were delicious.

I'm looking forward to my workout today. Although, I was expecting more. I"m sure many of these days are going to kick my butt, but just looking at the workout schedule, it seems that some of these days can be finished in about 15-20 minutes. I was expecting more long cardio sessions.

What do y'all think about adding extra cardio to my workouts, especially those of you who did this least year?
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    I signed up for the Challenge w/ Coach Christmas. It looks like the food is simple & fast, which I love being a working mom. I just had the nut, date & chocolate energy balls for a snack and they were delicious.

I'm looking forward to my workout today. Although, I was expecting more. I"m sure many of these days are going to kick my butt, but just looking at the workout schedule, it seems that some of these days can be finished in about 15-20 minutes. I was expecting more long cardio sessions.

What do y'all think about adding extra cardio to my workouts, especially those of you who did this least year?

I thought the baseline was good today. I decided to use that as my "cardio" after doing it once. I liked that it was short, so I could still do my strength training, which I broke up into sections today and threw in the baseline two more times. I think adding cardio would be fine, just like I don't think it's going to hurt to continue with my strength training.
  • strongasshit
    strongasshit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the same thing with my crossfit wods. Using the HAAM as a fat melter when we finish.
  • zoe2328
    zoe2328 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im looking at the australian version this year but i hav been burnt by these programs so many times before. Cals too low and exercise not intensive enough it makes me worried to enter
  • sunshineraej
    sunshineraej Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing the challenge this year?