Stuck up *kitten*.

Options

Replies

• idreamskinny85
    idreamskinny85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Believe me I try. The trash will overflow in the trash cans. They will shoot rubber bands at each other and have them all over the floor. They will fart and not use air freshener. The work center is a mess. I usually get upset and tired of everyone not caring and clean my work area. I don't do everything. But its really hard to work 8 hours in this garbage can without at least cleaning my little area that I have to work in for the day. :)
    newmeadow wrote: »
    All I really want to know is, why are you cleaning up after them at work?

Stop it!

I know it's very slovenly and festerish, but allow their butter smears and coffee stains and crumpled wrappers and dirty utensils to remain permanently and exactly where they are. Invest in a box of latex gloves and wear them with pride.

Really, don't go into wifey-poo mode at the workplace for a bunch of strangers. It's a mistake so many women make. Eeeewwww.

• idreamskinny85
    Options
    I guess your opinion differs from mine. You do know that many people marry just to have someone take care of them financially right? Happens all the time. I believe in each partner contributing to the relationship, not taking advantage of the other. I had a coworker who works hard here. His wife doesn't want to work. She doesn't cook or clean. He complains everyday. They don't even have kids. Is that fair? NO My point is both parties should be contributing. If you are going to stay home, you need to know how to cook good home cooked food, and do numerous cleaning tasks. Not just chill at home like my coworkers wife. The coworkers I talked about in this post are in the process of becoming stay at home dads and bragging about not having to do anything. That is why i posted my opinion in exchange for others opinions on the matter.
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    ok see that's fine!!! You are pulling your weight in the relationship. I am not attracted to the "stay at home dad" but I know many career minded women could probably benefit from that type of person. Hell, I don't even want to be a stay at home mom, I want my own funds.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Kinda odd that your male coworker brags about being a stay at home dad, yet is your co worker?

But I don't disagree with you. My DW makes the money in the house. And though I do work part time as a trainer, I do all the cooking, cleaning, homework help, etc. and don't mind it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This part would concern me. In a marriage, isn't all income family funds? Although some women are stay at home Mom's (happens less and less these days), aren't they entitled to use whatever income is generated the same as the income generating spouse? Some people like the idea of having a spouse (man or woman) stay at home to raise the kids, take care of the home and associated responsibilities. I know when my kids were born, I had no problem with my ex staying home to raise them in their early formative years while I worked. I would have done the same if she had a better career than I. The women they're with may get some personal satisfaction of catering to their men. Anyway, lazy is bad, regardless of whether or not it's a man or a woman, or it's in or out of the home. Even if your coworkers you're talking about are lazy at work, that may not fly at home. You don't live with them. As far as work is concerned, they seem to be taking advantage of the lack of management that seems to be going on at your place of employment. I'm not sure what you do for work that allows that kind of behavior but I'm sure their days are numbered with that kind of attitude. I'd say, you do you and let them do them. I wouldn't pick up behind them, their grown men and should be responsible adults. I personally could care less about how someone else wants to live their lives as long as it doesn't affect me.

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My husband and I plan for me to move to part time work in about 5 years or so, this will be to allow me to spread my energy out the way I'd like. I wish I had more energy to cook even more healthful meals (we do okay for now), I would love to have an hour at the gym a day, and i'll still be able to contribute some to the household finances. We won't have children so financially this could work just fine.

But sure, I agree that in a relationship if one is working the other is to be working on the home front. To be fair, it could all be talk. My husband repeats some terrible stuff about the men he works with, but even he thinks it's bull.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I don't know if I am just a stuck up *kitten* or I expect a lot in a relationship. Ok so my male coworkers brags about their wives making more than them. Significantly more! One is gloating about being a stay at home dad and chilling at home. Note that I work with these guys and I constantly have to clean up after them. Picking up their trash, correcting mistakes. They literally play videos games all day long at work. What exactly would they do at home other than sleep on the couch?? I just look at their wives as settling because they do all the cooking, cleaning, child care, and make more than their husbands. I am just like " what is the point of being with these guys, they make your life harder because he has nothing to offer". I just think the responsibilities should be equal or close to equal. I don't see how working full time being the breadwinner and then coming home and doing ALL of the housework would make any woman want to get married. Seems one sided. I also don't like the reverse, a lazy housewife with a hard working husband. If you are going to "stay at home" you need to be working, not just chilling. That's just my opinion. I actually prefer for me and my spouse to both work and contribute equally to the relationship. Thoughts?? (lol I know I am going to regret this)

Are you really complaining about what other people do with their time and expectations of responsibilities while posting on MFP in the middle of the workday?

In her defense, she posts at a rate of about .725 times per day. It could be her lunch break? She could be taking a poop?

I'd have to agree with some of the others though. Mind ya bidness, thass all. Just mind ya bidness...
  • idreamskinny85
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lol end up? would never happen. I am taken and I am not attracted to feminine men. But there are ladies who are. Furthermore, I just stated both parties should contribute equally, how is that NOT gender equality. My partner makes over 150,000 however I still work because I want a career of my own. I like getting my nails done and nice things. I like to be able to make extra money to buy them. I also like to help my partner, because I love him and consider us a team. he should not have to carry the burden alone.
    Gender equality times. It goes both ways. In the 21st century, if you end up with a stay at home Dad who works out, gets mani/pedi, and is good in bed, suck it up and thank him for it ;)

• idreamskinny85
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I guess your opinion differs from mine. You do know that many people marry just to have someone take care of them financially right? Happens all the time. I believe in each partner contributing to the relationship, not taking advantage of the other. I had a coworker who works hard here. His wife doesn't want to work. She doesn't cook or clean. He complains everyday. They don't even have kids. Is that fair? NO My point is both parties should be contributing. If you are going to stay home, you need to know how to cook good home cooked food, and do numerous cleaning tasks. Not just chill at home like my coworkers wife. The coworkers I talked about in this post are in the process of becoming stay at home dads and bragging about not having to do anything. That is why i posted my opinion in exchange for others opinions on the matter.
    ok see that's fine!!! You are pulling your weight in the relationship. I am not attracted to the "stay at home dad" but I know many career minded women could probably benefit from that type of person. Hell, I don't even want to be a stay at home mom, I want my own funds.
    Kinda odd that your male coworker brags about being a stay at home dad, yet is your co worker?

But I don't disagree with you. My DW makes the money in the house. And though I do work part time as a trainer, I do all the cooking, cleaning, homework help, etc. and don't mind it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This part would concern me. In a marriage, isn't all income family funds? Although some women are stay at home Mom's (happens less and less these days), aren't they entitled to use whatever income is generated the same as the income generating spouse? Some people like the idea of having a spouse (man or woman) stay at home to raise the kids, take care of the home and associated responsibilities. I know when my kids were born, I had no problem with my ex staying home to raise them in their early formative years while I worked. I would have done the same if she had a better career than I. The women they're with may get some personal satisfaction of catering to their men. Anyway, lazy is bad, regardless of whether or not it's a man or a woman, or it's in or out of the home. Even if your coworkers you're talking about are lazy at work, that may not fly at home. You don't live with them. As far as work is concerned, they seem to be taking advantage of the lack of management that seems to be going on at your place of employment. I'm not sure what you do for work that allows that kind of behavior but I'm sure their days are numbered with that kind of attitude. I'd say, you do you and let them do them. I wouldn't pick up behind them, their grown men and should be responsible adults. I personally could care less about how someone else wants to live their lives as long as it doesn't affect me.

Again, you don't really know what goes on inside these peoples homes. People do a lot of talking but rarely does the reality comport with the words. For those that think that being a stay at home Mom/Dad is going to be a life of leisure, they're either in for a rude awakening or a ruined marriage. Yes, there are some people that get marriage just for financial support. If that's all their getting married for, then their in for the same result as the person with the wrong mindset about staying home with the kids. It'll all come out in the wash. I also believe that a marriage is a partnership and that both parties should give equally to it, but your making it seem like the only way a person can give equally is what they can produce materially, have to work, got to be a good cook, have to know how to clean a house. What you're forgetting is that there are a lot of aspects to what makes a strong home that isn't material, such as emotional support and an uplifting spirit. What happens if the spouse that is at home with the kids is hurt or disabled? Are they giving less because they can't clean the home or cook a meal like they used to? There's a lot that goes into making a good homelife than what we can produce with our labor.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Again, you don't really know what goes on inside these peoples homes. People do a lot of talking but rarely does the reality comport with the words. For those that think that being a stay at home Mom/Dad is going to be a life of leisure, they're either in for a rude awakening or a ruined marriage. Yes, there are some people that get marriage just for financial support. If that's all their getting married for, then their in for the same result as the person with the wrong mindset about staying home with the kids. It'll all come out in the wash. I also believe that a marriage is a partnership and that both parties should give equally to it, but your making it seem like the only way a person can give equally is what they can produce materially, have to work, got to be a good cook, have to know how to clean a house. What you're forgetting is that there are a lot of aspects to what makes a strong home that isn't material, such as emotional support and an uplifting spirit. What happens if the spouse that is at home with the kids is hurt or disabled? Are they giving less because they can't clean the home or cook a meal like they used to? There's a lot that goes into making a good homelife than what we can produce with our labor.

"If that's all their getting married for, then their in for the same result as the person with the wrong mindset about staying home with the kids" -

lmao. You do realize the number of people who do this, get divorced, and leave with the working spouses assets?? I don't think those people who marry for money are hurting much. lol They probably look at as an easy score.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If they love their husbands they should be with them. Plus if their wives make that much money then they more than like are very self driven and like to be in control. So they may just prefer doing most things themselves. I know a lot of people criticize me for doing too many of the chores at home while my fiance plays games. But he doesn't cook. I much rather eat food than no food, so I cook. It is easier that way because I'm picky and I have to be on a specific diet. I can't come home to mac and cheese or fast food every night. I would be constantly in pain and sick. And I always want everything cleaned and done a specific way so I do it. I know he wouldn't take the time to read my clothes and hang up stuff to dry and would shrink clothes in the dryer, so I do laundry. I give him chores I don't care about. Like sweeping, vacuuming, litter, mowing, and taking out the trash.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    lol end up? would never happen. I am taken and I am not attracted to feminine men. But there are ladies who are. Furthermore, I just stated both parties should contribute equally, how is that NOT gender equality. My partner makes over 150,000 however I still work because I want a career of my own. I like getting my nails done and nice things. I like to be able to make extra money to buy them. I also like to help my partner, because I love him and consider us a team. he should not have to carry the burden alone.
    Gender equality times. It goes both ways. In the 21st century, if you end up with a stay at home Dad who works out, gets mani/pedi, and is good in bed, suck it up and thank him for it ;)
    My insecurimeter just logged the highest reading ever recorded. The scales just shuddered.

So you basically opened a thread to bash your coworkers, their "feminine" men and bring up your household income out of nowhere. Why, what caused this self-worth exercise? Does it hurt they may be happier than you are?

Partner. So he hasn't bought you a ring yet. Oh wait...

but aren't you impressed now that you know what her husband makes?
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    My insecurimeter just logged the highest reading ever recorded. The scales just shuddered.

So you basically opened a thread to bash your coworkers, their "feminine" men and bring up your household income out of nowhere. Why, what caused this self-worth exercise? Does it hurt they may be happier than you are?

In a few hours I am going to have LATE NIGHT / DIRTY THOUGHTS.

That's awesome times 1,000!!!! or 150,000!!!!!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Now this thread is starting to go where I knew it could! GIFs incoming!!!!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    OP and her partner

giphy.gif

This is GOLD!
  • synchkat
    Options
    OP and her partner

giphy.gif

that's exactly what me and my stay at home mom friends do when we see working wives cause Charity starts at home you know
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

"partner"

Ehh, don't jump to conclusions. I still refer to my husband as my partner from time to time. The partner bit remains true, ring or none.