Hair loss

Options
Hello, I have noticed iv been looking hair,i have patches in my head,iv been reading on different oils,i was thinking of massaging my hair with Aloe Vera hell,mustard oil and sesame seed oil and olive oil to promote hair growth

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Not sure if any of those things have been proven to work, but I suppose you can give them a try.

This is recent, I take it? Could it be related to your nutrition? Maybe you're lacking something. Have you seen a doctor about it?
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Not sure if any of those things have been proven to work, but I suppose you can give them a try.

This is recent, I take it? Could it be related to your nutrition? Maybe you're lacking something. Have you seen a doctor about it?

Iv been loosing hair for a long time, I did not care before, I was thinking of trying to get it back
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Well, I wish I had better advice for you because my hair just doesn't seem to grow. I'm not losing any of it but there is barely any growth. I started taking Viviscal last year, but still have noticed no difference. Hopefully others will post with better ideas!
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Well, I wish I had better advice for you because my hair just doesn't seem to grow. I'm not losing any of it but there is barely any growth. I started taking Viviscal last year, but still have noticed no difference. Hopefully others will post with better ideas!

Thank you
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ugh of course we can never lose hair where we want to lose it lol. Try lavender oil, olive oil.. If you google hair loss home remedies things will show up. Start taking vitamin b and biotin.. Also see a dermatologist- they have medications and ointments that can reduce oil which can help with hair loss. Good luck!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Also, you're a guy so you could probably just shave it all off and still look good. Early hair loss runs in my husband's family and his younger brother just shaves his head and he looks good. Not that I'd want to be a guy, but you all are fortunate that you have that option.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not worth worrying about. Once you've shaved your head, you never want to go back. I honestly wish it would stop growing completely now.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Also, you're a guy so you could probably just shave it all off and still look good. Early hair loss runs in my husband's family and his younger brother just shaves his head and he looks good. Not that I'd want to be a guy, but you all are fortunate that you have that option.

I did shave it off, I am going to a family occasion, I was thinking of growing it
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    SeanNJ wrote: »
    Not worth worrying about. Once you've shaved your head, you never want to go back. I honestly wish it would stop growing completely now.

I liked my hair shaved, I want to see if it would grow, I like the shaved look it suits me
  • daniii756
    daniii756 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    More than likely it runs in the family, no "home" remedies will work for hair loss. Im a hairstylist and i get clients especially men complaining about hair loss all the time and truthfully nothing works. The right cut will make your hair appear thicker even coloring it but depending where your losing it, shaving it off is always the easiest solution and who doesnt like an awesome fade and line up!
  • mzzzfrog
    mzzzfrog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid level checked? Hair loss is a symptom of both high and low levels.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    mzzzfrog wrote: »
    Have you had your thyroid level checked? Hair loss is a symptom of both high and low levels.
    Iv been loosing hair for a long time, I will need to get it checked
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    More than likely it runs in the family, no "home" remedies will work for hair loss. Im a hairstylist and i get clients especially men complaining about hair loss all the time and truthfully nothing works. The right cut will make your hair appear thicker even coloring it but depending where your losing it, shaving it off is always the easiest solution and who doesnt like an awesome fade and line up!

I'm loosing hair in my crown area and from the front it is receding , it's patches are visible from the front as well
  • daniii756
    Options
    Yea it sounds more like a hereditary problem, sounds like the beginning of alopecia areata which is common in men just means patches of hair loss, women get it too. You can check with a dermatologist but im positive they wont really do much ..... My co worker got a hair transplant for his hairline and even that didnt last long
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Yea it sounds more like a hereditary problem, sounds like the beginning of alopecia areata which is common in men just means patches of hair loss, women get it too. You can check with a dermatologist but im positive they wont really do much ..... My co worker got a hair transplant for his hairline and even that didnt last long

What should I do?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Well, if you like the shaved look and it suits you, then I'd just stick with that. Wear some cool hats occasionally, maybe.

If you want to grow it back and it's still patchy, then maybe consulting a professional is in order. Some people respond better to hair transplants than others. Look into it, do some research and see how much it costs and if it would be worth it to you.
  • daniii756
    Options

What should I do?

Honestly the shave look is in :) get it freshly shaved and lined up with a straight razor and itll look good that way you wont have to spend 1000s of dollars on a transplant and it will be cost effificent in the long run and you dont even have to shave it completely bald either
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Embrace your baldness. Mine started falling out when I was 19, so I just grabbed a razor and speeded up the process.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The older we get, the more our bodies develop an ironic sense of humor. I found a single strand of hair growing out of my shoulder today. One! I once had one single hair growing about a half inch below my hairline on my forehead. It's like it was mocking the rest of my hair, "Remember when we ALL hung out down here." There's no stopping it. It's like humans version of melting glaciers. Like @TheRoadDog kind of said, embrace the suck. Make it yours and own it like no other. It's who you are.