Calling all parents. Fun question here

Options
fit4mom
fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
So the topic of quiet time came up and the only time I seem to get it is during time out since school closed for the summer. The question is:

What would you do if you sent yourself to timeout?

Would you play a game, Catch up on reading, Or would you jump on the bed?
I got a kick out of this one. Think I might try to take a nap somedays. Have fun...:laugh:

Replies

• MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    This reminds me of being a kid and being sent to my room. Uhh, okay. Let me just go play with my toys and get away from Mom and Dad being mad at me. Sure. Couldn't get in there fast enough. :)
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would so take a nap!!!!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    napping....ahhh..napping:bigsmile:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I do give myself time outs, I hide in my room and read...when I was little and got sent there that's what I did too lol and nap of course
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    This is what I do with my quiet time! :wink:
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    well, in theory if I'm sent to time out it's because I did something wrong, not so I could have fun. Therefore in the essence of holding true to the "Timeout" concept I'd have to think about what I did and how I could prevent doing it again in the future. I'd then have to apologize sincerely to myself, give myself a big hug and a kiss and vow to try harder next time (at least that's what the Nanny says I have to do to get out of timeout).

In the spirit of the question being free time for me, I'd read, knit, sleep (depending on the day), sit quietly and contemplate nature and my place in the universe (yes, I'm really nerdy that way) or catch up on my latest movie crush on Netflix.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    The last time I sent myself to time out, I hid in my walk in closet and ate miniature candy bars. When my baby started crying, I didn't worry about him because I knew that he was safe in his high chair. When the other kids found me, I discovered that he was crying because my then 2 year old had seasoned him with salt and pepper and he had rubbed it in his eyes. Needless to say, I haven't been brave enough to send myself to time out since.