38 POUNDS GONE ! :)

Options
AmandaJuneFit
AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
I WAS 217 LBS

I stepped on the scaled in July 2015 and saw I weighed 217 pounds. I was in shock. I never realized how big I actually was. I know, the scale is just a number but I was very over weight and other people including my family and boyfriend were starting to notice. None of my clothes were fitting and I felt and looked awful. That day I joined a gym, up until January I had been working out regularly but nothing was changing. I still weighed and looked the exact same, in fact I actually GAINED a few pounds. I didn't realize it was because i didn't change my eating habits. I thought since i was working out everyday I could eat whatever I want. I finally had enough and I headed to the grocery store. I purchased non processed foods and foods that were okay for my body. I went home and cleaned out my cupboards and fridge of unhealthy junk that was doing more harm then good for my body. Since February I have been eating healthy , working out everyday, getting a good night sleep every night, and finding things to help me relax to avoid stress. Today I am down to 177 lbs and am very proud of myself.

My main goal now is to lose 17 more pounds to get down to 160 pounds and define / tone up my entire body. I'm hoping to loose these last 17 by the end of summer. I think that is a reasonable goal because I've heard the last 10 are the hardest! I thought I hit a plateau when i was sitting at 188 but, my friends on myfitnesspal have assured me that weight loss is not linear. I think it is every 10 pounds I hit a little bump where i stay at the same weight for two or three weeks which is completely normal. I need to remember that it took me over a year to gain all of this weight and it is going to take time to be where I want to be. I still have a quite a bit to go but with hard work and healthy eating I know I can do this! :)

Replies

• AmandaLawter
    AmandaLawter Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up! :)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can totally do this, I read a quote on the boards today that I love... "you can't outrun bad eating habits". clearly you are living proof of that! :)
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are amazing and strong--keep it up! :)
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great effort and all the best to you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!