Do you have a nanny ? Are you a nanny ? I have questions .

Options
2»

Replies

• ambreee
    ambreee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was a nanny for years through college, live in and live out. Both of my live-in situations I was very underpaid. The first was in Hawaii, so I didn't care about the low pay. I was 18 and just happy to escape my home life. Granted this was 15 years ago, but I was only paid $650.00/month. The perks were awesome though. Got to go to the beach as often as I liked to, they gave me a car, and took care of my food. I also traveled with the family a few times.

The next time I nannied I got $2000/mo. Again live-in but in California. Horrible pay, but I was just there for a summer between semesters. There were a few perks, but really I was treated as a servant, not a family member raising their kids. This family was multi-millionairs and they were so stingy sp??.

Through college (in Idaho) I had a job caring for one child (later they had a set of twins) my wages were hourly: starting at $8.00 ended at $15.00. I was a live out. This family was great. Had I not gotten married and had my own children, I would probably still watch their kids occationally.

So.... I feel your pain. Most nannies are underpaid and over worked. Good luck at finding a new job. There are good jobs too, but they are hard to come by.
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was a nanny for years through college, live in and live out. Both of my live-in situations I was very underpaid. The first was in Hawaii, so I didn't care about the low pay. I was 18 and just happy to escape my home life. Granted this was 15 years ago, but I was only paid $650.00/month. The perks were awesome though. Got to go to the beach as often as I liked to, they gave me a car, and took care of my food. I also traveled with the family a few times.

The next time I nannied I got $2000/mo. Again live-in but in California. Horrible pay, but I was just there for a summer between semesters. There were a few perks, but really I was treated as a servant, not a family member raising their kids. This family was multi-millionairs and they were so stingy sp??.

Through college (in Idaho) I had a job caring for one child (later they had a set of twins) my wages were hourly: starting at $8.00 ended at $15.00. I was a live out. This family was great. Had I not gotten married and had my own children, I would probably still watch their kids occationally.

So.... I feel your pain. Most nannies are underpaid and over worked. Good luck at finding a new job. There are good jobs too, but they are hard to come by.

Thank you ...It's nice to know someone understands..Thank you all =)