How long do you bulk for

Options
2»

Replies

• pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've been on a long slow bulk since September 2015, gaining around 1.7lb per month.

I've decided to stop, I'm now not happy with my waist. After a quick month cut, I'll start another long lean bulk
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I notice that 4 weeks into a bulk I begin to hate all the food I have to cram into my face. 4 weeks into a cut I begin to hate the lack of food that I am able to cram into my face.

#TheStruggleIsReal

Having said that, on balance, bulking is much more fun that cutting.
  • pektranao
    pektranao Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Been bulking for around 7 months now. Im trying to bulk for the next couple months
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what are your goals OP? Hard to give an answer without knowing. I would say that you need to set a goal weight and then stop when you get to that number....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    xHarrySims wrote: »
    Most people come of their bulk now and start cutting for summer. Leave you bulk until September, for when you can do it properly from September-may. If you haven't bulked before I suggest you work your core and gradually begin to add more foods to your diet, and I recommend going for the clean route, better in the long run. Work your way into the bulk by gradually increasing the quantity you eat, and workout the amount of calories your body needs, take your body weight in lbs and multiply by 17. Add 500 and hit that amount of calories every day to add weight and be hyper caloric. That's the basics really.

ignore most of this OP ....

clean has nothing to do with bulking..or anything else for that matter...
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Most people come of their bulk now and start cutting for summer. Leave you bulk until September, for when you can do it properly from September-may. If you haven't bulked before I suggest you work your core and gradually begin to add more foods to your diet, and I recommend going for the clean route, better in the long run. Work your way into the bulk by gradually increasing the quantity you eat, and workout the amount of calories your body needs, take your body weight in lbs and multiply by 17. Add 500 and hit that amount of calories every day to add weight and be hyper caloric. That's the basics really.

I don't think he's talking about clean eating, but clean/dirty bulking, which is a function of how big a calorie surplus you have when bulking.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I don't think he's talking about clean eating, but clean/dirty bulking, which is a function of how big a calorie surplus you have when bulking.

Yep this is totally what he meant.. Clean Bulk or Dirty Bulk depends on amount of the surplus.. 500 calories being Dirty!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Yep this is totally what he meant.. Clean Bulk or Dirty Bulk depends on amount of the surplus.. 500 calories being Dirty!

Wouldn't call a 500 cal surplus/day "dirty" really.
  • ndj1979
    Options

where did he say clean bulk in any of that statement?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Wouldn't call a 500 cal surplus/day "dirty" really.

i would not either...