Macro breakdown for 1400 - 1600 cal to lose weight?

Options
I'm trying to figure out the right breakdown and need suggestions. So far I'm not loosing weight and when I do it Bruce's back up for no reason. Looking for help to build the right macro breakdown. I have 80 pounds to lose but my body is not responding to anything I do.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cjjh123 wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out the right breakdown and need suggestions. So far I'm not loosing weight and when I do it Bruce's back up for no reason. Looking for help to build the right macro breakdown. I have 80 pounds to lose but my body is not responding to anything I do.

macros breakdowns don't guarantee weight loss...only a calorie deficit.

If you aren't losing then you aren't in a deficit.

do you use a food scale? you diary is full of half weighed entries half volume so it is hard to tell.....
    log everything accurately and consistently using the correct entries? I see days that aren't logged at all...I see more days not logged in may than what were logged...

log exercise? eat back those calories and if so how many?
    How long have you been logging?
    Is the exercise new?
  • cjjh123
    cjjh123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been logging on and off forever and then give up. I do use a scale all the time for everything . I've been going to orange theory for work outs for over a year 2-3 times a week I usually eat back half the calories. Every time I lose 5-10 pounds my body just stops losing for months and then I just give up. I'm trying to figure out if I should be eating less carbs, more cards etc...... I weigh 210 and I'm 5"1 trying to get to 130 but I seem to never make it out of the 200's.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cjjh123 wrote: »
    I've been logging on and off forever and then give up. I do use a scale all the time for everything . I've been going to orange theory for work outs for over a year 2-3 times a week I usually eat back half the calories. Every time I lose 5-10 pounds my body just stops losing for months and then I just give up. I'm trying to figure out if I should be eating less carbs, more cards etc...... I weigh 210 and I'm 5"1 trying to get to 130 but I seem to never make it out of the 200's.

From what I can see is this.

You are not choosing entries that reflect the weighing of your food that can cause issues with accuracy.
    You are not logging consistently...there are days/weeks where you don't log.
    Exercise calories could be over estimated and there are days you are eating them all back.

Barring a medical condition you are not in a calorie deficit based on no weight loss.

To lose weight you need a calorie deficit..that's it...and to ensure you are in a deficit you have to log accurately and consistently.

That means weighing everything, using correct entries (a lot miss this step) and do it everyday.

I personally have found that prelogging my week helps with the consistency. That doesn't mean everything is logged but 75% of it is on Sunday nights. That might help.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Macros aren't going to help weight loss, they do help in other ways, i.e protein and fat help us feel fuller for longer etc. To lose weight its about being in calorie deficit. If you aren't losing then you are eating more than you think.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The calorie deficit is as important as the macros. Weigh your food because it is likely you are eating more than you think. This also includes measuring condiments you use. Things like ranch dressing can put you over calories real fast. Here's a good page to understand macros and how to adjust depending on your needs:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html