Which books for Health & Fitness ?

Options
Which books do you like, or programs do you follow, to help with your health and fitness goals?

Has anyone read ...

21 pounds in 21 days Diet Detox ?
Are You Ready?
Biggest Losers Success Secrets?
Fit for Life ?
Eat More. Weight Less?
The Fat Flush ?
The Carbohydrate Addicts Recovery Program?

Replies

• wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Which books do you like, or programs do you follow, to help with your health and fitness goals?

Has anyone read ...

21 pounds in 21 days Diet Detox ?
    Are You Ready?
    Biggest Losers Success Secrets?
    Fit for Life ?
    Eat More. Weight Less?
    The Fat Flush ?
    The Carbohydrate Addicts Recovery Program?
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I like "Sculpting Her Body Perfect" and "The Little Strength Training Book" for lots of how-to and sample work-outs.
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the Body for Life and Body for Life for Women. I tried to follow the program in them, but they were so strict it was hard to stick to. BUT they are full of great workouts and recipes and information. :flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Good Carbs, Bad Carbs and the Glycemic index diets all helped me see that carbs are not the enemy and that refined carbs and sugars are the devil:devil: LOL! Not sure who the authors were. I checked them out at the local library.

I enjoyed the soul searching journey in the first half of "8minutes in the morning Real Shapes Real Sizes"-Jorge Cruise- I learned a lot about myself. The exercises were way too easy for me but the journey through the first part of the book was what I needed.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sorry - haven't read any of those. But I am currently reading "You on a Diet, The Owner's Manual for Waist Management" - its Dr. Oz's book - I'm only about 50 pages in and it is VERY informative...
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I love 'nutrition for life' it's a VERY informative book, taking you through all aspects of a healthier you, and even has some recipe suggestions included :tongue:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is my first post!

Anyway, I LOVE the Bill Phillips books. Eating For Life is my fave. The recipes are yummy and I never feel hungry on his plans. Each time I do the program I lose 20 pounds in about 2 months. Then I get lazy and quit. But it's the only thing that has ever worked for me. I have to stick to it this time!

His books are wonderful....check 'em out!
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Sorry - haven't read any of those. But I am currently reading "You on a Diet, The Owner's Manual for Waist Management" - its Dr. Oz's book - I'm only about 50 pages in and it is VERY informative...

Just read this, good book. Really lets you know what's going on in your body lol
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    The book I got the most from was "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl" by Lisa Delaney. She has a website too, if you do a search you'll find it and be able to read more about the book.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I've recently read " Biggest Loser Success Secrets" It was a good book- I found it very motivating and while it did not give out diet information ( like calorie counts ,etc) it was more of the psychological standpoint. I liked it- I'm BIG on motivation and inspiration, so i was happy with my purchase.

Also recently read "YOU on a diet" this too was good. It was much more 'biologically informative" if you will, than what I was expecing. Goes into great detail abou bodily proceses and functions and what not.

I am currently reading "Biggest Loser/ Weight loss program" and again- I like it. It does go into calorie count and nutritional advice, so its a good guide to have.

As for fitness, I have "Fitness for Dummies" and while I've not read it yet, thumbing through it, It goes about choosing a good excercise, what works for you, how to do certain things, calorie burn, etc.

I bought all these books at once and I was surprised how well they complimented each other, between biologically speaking, fitness, motivation and basic dietary information.

Another one I've read about half way through was the Beck Diet Solution- from what I read, it was really good...

Check out Amazon.com to see reviews of books that might interest you- lots of different insight to see various opinions.