New member!

Options
Hello everyone,

I was just looking for motivation tips online and found this site. Here's my story: I used to be a boxer and my weight was 176lbs. Since I was eating so many calories and burning them all off with grueling exercise, I had no problem staying in shape. Since I stopped boxing and spent a few years with a girlfriend I despised, I cut back on the exercise, but not my eating habits. My worst weight so far has been 224lbs and that's when I knew I had to do something. I dropped my weight down to 190lbs a few months ago by eating around 500 calories/day and starving myself. I have realized how bad this kind of weight loss is and I am doing it right now. I got back up to 214, but since I have been running 2-3 miles every night and eating better, I have dropped my weight to 208. I thought joining a site like this would be a good idea to maintain motivation and maybe talk to some people who have been in the same situation. Also, I am trying to get back down to 180lbs and never fall back into the trap.

Replies

• lockermama
    lockermama Posts: 16
    Options
    Nice thing about this site (and the mobile app) is that you can see HOW you've been eating during the day, not just how much...so you can balance out the carbs, protein, fat. It's helped me to make sure I get more fruit and veggies, since they are such calorie-cheap snacks!:wink:
  • k_stringer27
    Options
    Also, here's a pic of my progress so far... Be kind!

062911212520.jpg
  • AMSalaz
    AMSalaz Posts: 16
    Options
    Keep it up! Remember, as a man you'll get there faster than women! But remember also to be kind to yourself - don't beat yourself up and keep a healthy positivity about what your goal is and what you're trying to do. Your body and mind will be kind back.
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    :wink: Keep it up great job.....
  • k_stringer27
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can see this is a pretty friendly place! :happy: