Why doesn't it count weight training??!

Options
Hey,
I'm new and I've been plugging my food intake and excerize in, but I've noticed it doesn't seem to count the weight training I do. Any idea why?! Am I doing it wrong?

Otherwise, I'll be 29 in July... I live in Oregon... I have about 200 pounds to lose. I am strong, pretty, and in the process of matching my outside appearance with my inside view.

xoxo,
Emily

Replies

• kremsergirl
    Options
    Bump
  • Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why weight training doesn't count. But good luck with your weight loss journey, all of our experiences are different but we all strive for the same thing - to feel good about ourselves.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    "Strength Training" can be found under cardio exercises. The calories are pretty accurate I'd say (depending on how hard you work)
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Since there are a number of variables, it doesn't count calories for reps and sets. However if you'd like you can go into cardio and their is a weight lifting option there, it is underestimated most of the time. A heart rate monitor would be the best for the most accurate.

I'm in Oregon as well :]
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    you can log in your reps and weights in the "strength training" section of the exercise portion, but then you'd need to go the card part and log in your minutes for "strength training", it's there
  • AprilBiss77
    Options
    Hello! I just joined as well and I noticed that it doesn't count weight training (it allows you to add it but doesn't count it in as a calorie loss). This may just be a software glitch. Weird.

Good luck to you!

April
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    As others have stated, if you want to get calorie credit for weight lifting, go to the cardio section and select "strength training".
  • P90XLE
    P90XLE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Under the cardio section, type in Strength training (weight lifting, weight training).
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Entering your reps/sets under strength training really seems to be more of a way to keep track of your progress in how many reps/sets you can do. If you'd like to get the calorie count from your work, search strength or weight training under cardio. :)
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm new and I've been plugging my food intake and excerize in, but I've noticed it doesn't seem to count the weight training I do. Any idea why?! Am I doing it wrong?

Otherwise, I'll be 29 in July... I live in Oregon... I have about 200 pounds to lose. I am strong, pretty, and in the process of matching my outside appearance with my inside view.

xoxo,
    Emily

In addition to recording what specific exercises you do when strength training, you also need to put your time down as "strength training-weight training" under Cardio.
    8306 Posts: 2
    Options
    i have noticed as well, but i cant tell u why it doesn"t count:smooched:
  • LiveBrightly
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help! Of course I want to input the weight training to see the calories burned. I'm feeling much better now about my hard work! Yay!