Best quick release energy foods

Options
I've been loosing a lot of sleep so wanted to find a food/foods that provide quick energy 'effects' and can help with the periods of tiredness I get.

Replies

• frankfighter
    frankfighter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Americano quad shot
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Coffee or caffiene for sure.
  • MummyBakerCupcakeMaker
    Options
    Forgot to say I don't drink coffee, which would be the obvious choice
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    An apple produces the same energy as a cup of coffee, coffee hits your nerves better but an apple is great energy food.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't drink coffee either, but I drink diet soda in the morning. It's not the best but I'm tired upon waking and have fatigue problems from health issues.

If you're talking about foods, apple with peanut butter, pb sandwich or banana is good.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oranges or pineapples seem to do it for me. If you dont drink coffee, what about tea? That's my go to morning drink...I love my PGTips.
    ETA: Another thing that helps when I'm feeling groggy is just to get up and move. A little bit of movement in the morning, even if it's just a 10 min walk, goes a long way with boosting my energy and mood.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Caffeine can interfere with sleep patterns. Quick energy release would be carbs. I get a nice boost of energy after drinking a protein shake.