Tom Brady Diet

Replies

• Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Peyton Manning, per his commercials, eats chicken parm and Papa John's. Sure, his diet is or was probably a lot "cleaner" than that but I don't think Brady's abilities are a strong function of his diet. If he plays into his mid or late 40's, then maybe.

And although Brady may be a better quarterback than Manning, not by that much.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    I wouldn't judge him by a front facing picture. I understand QBs don't develope their chests because it can interfere with their throwing motion.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited June 2016
    If I want to learn how to throw a football better, or read an NFL defense, or some other football-related thing, I'll take Brady's advice.

If I want nutrition advice, I'll go with someone that is formally trained/educated in nutrition - not a jock.

edited: is, not if
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I think his diet is ridiculous and full of bunk. I don't think Giselle is all that cute either. However, none of this really impacts me so...GO EAGLES!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited June 2016
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    I wouldn't judge him by a front facing picture. I understand QBs don't develope their chests because it can interfere with their throwing motion.

Tell that to Cam Newton and Brady Quinn, not they they are as accomplished passers as Brady
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    What celebrity athletes eat is irrelevant to everyone on earth except them and their cooks. For every elite athlete who follows a specific diet, there are a dozen others who live on pizza and beer, or are vegetarian, or paleo, or follow some other trend.

And don't forget a large side order of PEDs.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    erickirb wrote: »

Tell that to Cam Newton and Brady Quinn, not they they are as accomplished passers as Brady

And what did Quinn do in the nfl? I remember a knock on him was he was too muscular, possibly impacting throwing motion.

Cam is a different animal. He is built and can throw long/hard. I'm not a pro scout but by the time someone is that level the genetic factors in the shoulder structure could very well make a difference in the amount of muscle someone can carry and still throw.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Tom Brady: greatest qb of all time. Eats a strict diet that's a little nutty but very healthy, that has helped to extend his career, you go Tom! I like Aaron Rodgers too, class act. I'm sure he'll make healthy eating choices as well.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Tom Brady: greatest qb of all time. Eats a strict diet that's a little nutty but very healthy, that has helped to extend his career, you go Tom! I like Aaron Rodgers too, class act. I'm sure he'll make healthy eating choices as well.

Prove that the diet has helped his carrier. Could he not have eating the same macros and micros following a different plan, and if so would it impact his playing at all?
    Remember correlation =/= causation
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    lol it's his business what he chooses to eat, not mine or anyone else's. I'm not doing a double blind study on his nutrition. He's had a long career and he's eaten that way. The correlation is plenty for me. You're more skeptical, fair enough.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    bscmcse wrote: »
    Brady... bahhh. Probably cheats on his diet like he does in the playoffs. I bet he sneaks fists full of pork rinds and girl scout cookies while he is deflating footballs. Go Fins!

tom-brady-memes_11.jpg
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Anyone have a raw macaroon recipe they like?

Check out the cookbook "Raw Food, Real World."

Thanks, but I am not allowing myself any new cookbooks until I fully explore the ones I got Christmas 2014 :dizzy:

LOL, I feel your pain, I have a cookbook obsession and have put a moratorium on buying more myself...You could maybe look up Pure Food and Wine macaroons? Or just raw food macaroons...so long as it's some mix of shredded coconut, vanilla and maple syrup FTW!
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    wantoldme wrote: »
    Brady's diet is restrictive but to me he isn't even known for being a good athlete or being in top shape. He is known for his football IQ. There are NBA players that are more way more athletic than him and they have less restrictive diets. The reason why tom Brady has survived for so long is because he doesn't get hit. If he got hit like Cam Newton he wouldn't survive two seasons. Also sports doctors have said most NBA players are the most elite athletes. Look at LBJ. They eat chicken, rice and some veggies but they train like crazy. Brady to me is not an elite athlete. He is talented and has a high football IQ but he isn't known for his athleticism.

One could make the argument that a better quality diet could lead to higher brain function...I know my brain works better when I put quality food in...
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    erickirb wrote: »

Did you really just reference Brady Quinn? LOL.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    It's a healthy diet. But not the only healthy diet. Unless he is legitimately intolerant to some of the foods he restricts, he likely would do just as well on many other variations of "healthy."

I like the diets of so many other elite athletes, which usually includes plenty of nutrient dense foods to maximize performance, and occasional junk to maximize sanity. I read an article last year about JJ Watt's diet. His performance was suffering on a "healthy" diet and a conditioning coach gave him some advice that, if I remember correctly, entailed wrapping his chicken breasts in bacon, downing some avocados, and having cheat days with donuts. That's my kind of diet.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Brady fan here (obviously), but the fan girl in me is for him on the field period.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    He doesn't eat nightshades, which means no bell peppers or tomatoes. That's about 50% of my veg intake out the window! I wouldn't be able to do it, but good on him for the discipline.

"Discipline" not to eat bell peppers or tomatoes? I'm sorry but ...no.