New to the keto diet but motivated

Options
Hello all

Replies

• rebabecca32
    rebabecca32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I have done Keto before but am wanting to get back into it after having a baby 2 moths ago. Hoping to do LC, maybe not true Keto (i am nursing) but can't wait to lose the last 13 lbs.
  • Shammah71
    Shammah71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is a Keto diet recommended for nursing mothers?
  • edival
    edival Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you're already fat adapted, it's fine, but if you're not fat adapted just yet, the time it takes for your body to convert from burning glucose to burning ketones may cause issues with the milk supply from what I understand.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • nickisalpha123
    nickisalpha123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Never liked Keto, left me feeling lethargic and hungry. IIFYM works better from my own experience
  • tnevin225
    tnevin225 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started my Keto about a week ago, I think it's rocks, especially if you have a lot of physical ailments like I do. I have already noticed a big difference in my pain and inflammation. Good Luck and Master the Journey
  • edival
    edival Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Never liked Keto, left me feeling lethargic and hungry. IIFYM works better from my own experience

The first month is tough, but if you can get past that and keep carbs under 20g and learn to eat enough fat, you'll feel great!
  • jmkgreenwood
    jmkgreenwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs. since May 2nd. Just had my favorite dinner. I have 20 lbs. more to go. If I can do it... you can to. I love Keto. My inspiration is Keto Karma. You can watch her journey on YouTube. Amazing! She's lost 105 lbs.