size 1 or 0? 5'7"

Options
barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
i've never been a size 0 or 1 in my life. When I started wearing jr or women's clothes I was about 11, and I was a size 3. I have lost a lot of weight, and I'm back down to a size 3.

My measurements are 35-25-34.5, and that is supposdly a size 1 or 0, but I'm not.

I'm just wondering does height have something to do with this?

If you are 5'7" or above, have you ever been this size, are you, or do you think it's possible?

also if you are this size, what are your measurements!

Just wondering! =]

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Nope. And I hope I'm never a size 0. I am not built that way. I'll be happy in size 10 or 12 (women's). I'm about to hit 12 in just a few more pounds.

When i was 18, I was 139lbs, in a size 9. Very skinny for me. Felt bony. I looked much better in the 150lb range.

I'm 5'8". Medium frame. Measurements are currently, 38-33-41.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think it depends entirely on the brands. Junior sizes are a lot smaller than misses. I'm a 4 in misses, but a 7 or 9 in juniors. My waist-hips is about 26-36.

The size 0s and 1s in Juniors look smaller than my 10 year old nieces' jeans. I seriously think they're only for preteens who don't want to shop the girls' department anymore.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think it depends entirely on the brands. Junior sizes are a lot smaller than misses. I'm a 4 in misses, but a 7 or 9 in juniors. My waist-hips is about 26-36.

The size 0s and 1s in Juniors look smaller than my 10 year old nieces' jeans. I seriously think they're only for preteens who don't want to shop the girls' department anymore.

definitely. I am a 4 but if you go to juniors I am anywhere from a 7 to an 11 depending on who makes them and how hard I have been lifting weights. For me it's the butt, I always say juniors are made for girls who have not had kids yet because having kids also grows your butt, lol. i can fit a 7 or a 9 but always go up a size for the butt, then the waist is too loose. Then again I usually go up a size because most juniors are cut so LOW on the butt and I hate that.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am the same height. I was a size 0 or 1, depending on the brand, I weighed about 118. Oh, the good old days!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've never been a size 0 and to be honest, I don't think I would like to be that small. Although, I would like to one day be able to wear size 5. But, who knows, that may even be too skinny of a size for me.

I'm 5'9" and my measurements are 36-27-36 & I wear sizes 6-8. =)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it looks like a big funnel in the back where the waist gaps! Even when I was a teenager, I had wider hips, but back in the 80s, jeans were so high wasted, it didn't matter. :laugh:
  • megansprague
    Options
    I'm 5'7"+ and I've been all over the spectrum of sizes. At my biggest I was a 16 (December 2008). Now I'm a 4 or 6. I've been a 2 (27 or 28 jeans). I think my legs are bigger than my waist so it really depends on your body. Pants just don't fit the way they fit a fit model, you know? And I'm a 32C bra. I haven't done all the fancy measurements.

I think you'd have to lose muscle to be a 0 or 1 but I'm no expert!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I am a size 3/4 and have a 28 inch waist, though I am only 5'5". I lose pounds but cannot lose inches from my waist. It sucks!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think clothes designers are just crazy. I have clothing from size 6 to 12 that fit me. Who the hell knows anymore what the measurements go with what sizes.
  • vatruitt
    vatruitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Until last year when I gained my extra weight I was a size 2, but fit into occasional 1s or 0s based on the brand. I think I was something like 35/24/34. I was 115-120 pounds, but I'm only 5'3". Right now I'm around 145 and wear a size 4.

My mom, however, is like the person size 0 was designed for. She is TINY. She's 5' tall and like 105 - 110. No super skinny, but just miniature in all dimensions.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    You would have to have 0 muscle to wear a 0. I've been there. I called it skinny fat. My body wasn't functional. I'm currently filling out a size 5, and I'm STILL building muscle. My thighs and butt have muscle definition and I can lift heavy things. I'm more healthy now at 107 than I ever was at 98. (5' tall) I hope to lose my remaining 2 pounds of extraneous fat and be RIPPED. BUT I'll never get down to a 0 again.
  • kristilynnski
    Options
    It depends where you get the jeans also...any jeans at old navy will make you feel small. I'm a 0 or a 1 at old navy, but everywhere else, it ends up being 3 or 5...
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh in at 127lbs... have never took my meassurement (perhaps I should) and I can honestly say I would never fit into a size 0/1... I just am not built that way, I have hips that would never shrink to that size, I am currently a 4 and that is the smallest I will ever be even if I drop another 7lbs.

I am a realsitic shopper through, I know many girls out there will go shopping and squeeze themselves into a size that is too small and get anh over hang yet tell themselves that they are that size. I will not wear any jeans that are tight around the hips or waist that will leave a muffin top as I find it gross...

On the other hand my younger sister, 22, is 5'7" and she was a size 0/1. Her weight fluctuates from 0/1 - 3/4 but she is starigh up and down with no hips so I really beleive it depends on your build (bone structure)

As you see Rachel Zoe & Victoria Beckham and even Nicole Richie, at their thinnest they were always size 0 yet they had NO hips or waist, they are obviuosly a small build and can fit into that size comfortably...

Once you look good in your clothes and feel great it really doesnt matter what size you are... I could buy the same jeans in 3 and 4 and squeeze into the size 3 but look way better in the size 4...
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    At my thinnest I wore a size 7 (no stretch at all from Abercrombie) and I looked extremely thin. This was when I was around 130 lbs - I'm 5'6"

I think it's just the designer honestly so you may be a size 0 somewhere but with straight jeans that have no stretch to them it would probably be a 3. One designer you could check out would be Calvin Klein (most of my friends say they have "true" sizes there).
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't think your measurements do put you as a 1 or 0. I have 36 inch hips and am a US 5 or 6, I don't think losing another inch would drop me 4 or 5 sizes. My little sister is a size 0, she has a 22" waist (if that), 30" bust, 32" hips.

You are a healthy size for you height, even a little on the thin side, so I don't think you should be aiming for a size 0. You sound just fine as you are.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i am 33/26/33 and i wear a size 4, usually, (sometimes a two) at my height of 5'7"... size 0 at our height is very tiny, although i have pulled it off in the past, given my small frame. i wouldn't aim for a specific size, just aim for that place where you feel most comfortable and beautiful!
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey Gals! The whole topic of "size" is something that none of us should get hung up on....Sizes can vary SO much from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within the same "designer" from style to style! I am 43 (within weeks from 44), 5'5", this morning I weighed 149 (which is more than my ticker, but my vacation caught me:-) my measurements are 35, 26, 36. I have size 4 to size 10 in my closet and they all fit! If you are not in highschool AND especially if you have had a child...juniors really are not cut for a woman's body!!!! I thoroughly understand the "number struggle"....been there, done that! And it still gets me from time-to-time! One of the replys said ...Old Navy runs big....so their jeans make you "feel" skinny!!!! It is a mental thing! Watch WHAT NOT TO WEAR....when women put on clothes that fit their bodies, curves etc EVEN if it is a size or two bigger...THEY LOOK THINNER! Avoiding the muffin top...avoiding the stretch across the butt & thighs that looks as if everything could break free at any time is "thinning"..... Yeah! When we were young we couldn't wait to mature into a womanly grown-up body AND once we get one we are told that we need to look prepubescent!!!! How messed up is that???? Embrace your body, You've earned your curves, Strive to be fit and healthy and Learn to Like yourself! Please realize that this post is just as much for me as anyone else :-) I constantly need to remind myself of the "real" reason I need to make healthy good choices......Good Luck to all of You!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Hey Gals! The whole topic of "size" is something that none of us should get hung up on....Sizes can vary SO much from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within the same "designer" from style to style! I am 43 (within weeks from 44), 5'5", this morning I weighed 149 (which is more than my ticker, but my vacation caught me:-) my measurements are 35, 26, 36. I have size 4 to size 10 in my closet and they all fit! If you are not in highschool AND especially if you have had a child...juniors really are not cut for a woman's body!!!! I thoroughly understand the "number struggle"....been there, done that! And it still gets me from time-to-time! One of the replys said ...Old Navy runs big....so their jeans make you "feel" skinny!!!! It is a mental thing! Watch WHAT NOT TO WEAR....when women put on clothes that fit their bodies, curves etc EVEN if it is a size or two bigger...THEY LOOK THINNER! Avoiding the muffin top...avoiding the stretch across the butt & thighs that looks as if everything could break free at any time is "thinning"..... Yeah! When we were young we couldn't wait to mature into a womanly grown-up body AND once we get one we are told that we need to look prepubescent!!!! How messed up is that???? Embrace your body, You've earned your curves, Strive to be fit and healthy and Learn to Like yourself! Please realize that this post is just as much for me as anyone else :-) I constantly need to remind myself of the "real" reason I need to make healthy good choices......Good Luck to all of You!

:happy:

:flowerforyou:
  • Pjninja
    Pjninja Posts: 2
    Options
    Okay so I'm only 18, but when I moved to wearing jr. clothing in when I was 12 I started at a size 3 (I was 5'6 ish now I in between 5'7 and 5'8) and jumped to a size 5 the next year. I was a thing child, but have never worn below size 3 no matter how in shape I was.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I wanted to clarify something I see on here alot -- women referring to odd-numbered sizes (1,3,7,9) ... Those are JUNIORS sizes...teenagers!