Looking for a 60+ group.

Options
musicbox49
musicbox49 Posts: 5 Member
Looking for a few people who are over 60 and have been on this rollercoaster before!

Replies

• lindastroud60
    lindastroud60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 64 and have been on this rollercoaster many times.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    64 here but do not join the groups. I like one on one mutually supportive friends!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    62 and plan to end this roller-coaster ride this time. Add me if you like.
    Rick
  • musicbox49
    musicbox49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree - I'd like this to be the last of the roller coaster rides! I was diagnosed with tongue cancer (and have never smoked) back in Jan, had surgery in Feb, and lymph node surgery in May. Since another spot of cancer was found, I'll be starting radiation fairly soon. So I'll be losing weight, but not the way I'd like!! Have radically changed my diet to help that cancer stay away - majority of intake is vegetables, some fruit, only white meat and fish, only high fiber carbs, and NO sugar. My GP heartily approves! So I've already lost weight eating this way, but thought it might help to get bak on My Fitness Pal once again. And by the way, I'm 67.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    All, if you look under "Success Stories" there is a 55 - 65 group there (w/some that are younger than 55 and some older than 65 making comments. You are welcome to join us.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    66, been here for almost 3 years and maintaining now, yes it is possible!!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Rick_1953 wrote: »
    62 and plan to end this roller-coaster ride this time. Add me if you like.
    Rick

62 as well and I've found out that I really hate roller coasters. Last ride for me as well. I've reached my goal, having started in January, but planning to lose a little more. Having my mind in the right place has been key for me, the weighing and measuring and staying under for calories was the easy part.