My Transformation, Criticism welcome

Options

Replies

• nickisalpha123
    nickisalpha123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This transformation took 5 and a half months. Went from ft 210 to ripped 194
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That does impress.
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    No sugar coating , it took a lot of hard work discipline, lots of cardio and occasional cheat days
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    lemq4k4lgzcs.jpeg
    Current status, 207 pounds after bulking for a year and a half
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome.
  • jessicaquiros1994
    jessicaquiros1994 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've made awesome progress!
  • EleanorElla24
    EleanorElla24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's amazing.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud of yourself what a transformation. You look like you do the insanity workout or something.
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    Proud may not be the right word. But I am happy the way tmy clothes look on me now! Just going to the gym 5x a week and cardio everyday on treadmill walking uphill and mindful eating!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    No sugar coating , it took a lot of hard work discipline, lots of cardio and occasional cheat days
    You look great! But that only averages out to 3lbs a month or .75lbs a week. Less than a 500 calorie deficit daily on average.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kate141987
    Options
    Proud may not be the right word. But I am happy the way tmy clothes look on me now! Just going to the gym 5x a week and cardio everyday on treadmill walking uphill and mindful eating!

The gym 5x a week and cardio everyday?? Wow you are dedicated I take my hat off to you lol I was visiting the gym 2x a week and suffered from DOMS so I couldn't move for like 3 days lol
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That's awesome man... I'm mirin your veins...
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    lemq4k4lgzcs.jpeg
    Current status, 207 pounds after bulking for a year and a half

Good job bro I'm in it to win it!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Since you mentioned an occasional cheat day, could you elaborate on such things as frequency of cheat days and alternative boundaries on cheat days? For instance, an alternative boundary might be something such as, 'not more than 2x maintenance'. Many of us allow cheat days, but it seems to me that some let that get out of hand.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »

The gym 5x a week and cardio everyday?? Wow you are dedicated I take my hat off to you lol I was visiting the gym 2x a week and suffered from DOMS so I couldn't move for like 3 days lol
    This isn't uncommon for people who love to workout though. 5 times a week for some could be just 30 minutes to an hour a day. Some will go up to 2 hours a day.
    Personally I've been going to the gym to workout 5-6 times a week for about 30 to lift and have just added daily cardio the last 12 years for about 30 minutes. And I've been training for over 30+ years. I just haven't changed my eating much since I'm not trying to gain or lose weight.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Dude, you look great. I'm guessing what you were eating was almost as important as your gym time.

I'm fat and I do 40 minutes of cardio about 5 times a week at the gym. I just like cardio. Trying to maintain that now that I'm expecting again...that's the real hard part. I just want to go to sleep on the couch every night by 7pm in stead of hitting the gym. The couch has been winning.
  • kate141987
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    kate141987 wrote: »

This isn't uncommon for people who love to workout though. 5 times a week for some could be just 30 minutes to an hour a day. Some will go up to 2 hours a day.
    Personally I've been going to the gym to workout 5-6 times a week for about 30 to lift and have just added daily cardio the last 12 years for about 30 minutes. And I've been training for over 30+ years. I just haven't changed my eating much since I'm not trying to gain or lose weight.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yeah I'm starting to realise that a lot of people do visit the gym almost everyday and you can really see the results. I guess it's enjoyable constantly working on your body and making improvements

I really need to get back to the gym !!
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. To clear up some confusion, I did what worked for me, whAt worked for me might not work for you! I did a 5 day weight lifting split of intense lifting which was around an hour. Monday chest, Tuesday back, Wednesday shoulders , Thursday Legs, Friday arms. It is a relatively standard split. After the workout I would walk on a treadmill for an hour at 12.0 incline at 3.0 mph speed because Im not a fan running and HIIT ( I took the lazy way :P). Saturday and Sunday I continued with the cardio and those days were optional, I would work a body part that in my opinion was lagging when I had any energy left over. This happened during my senior year of college while working a part time job, 3 graveyard shifts at Manhattan.
  • nickisalpha123
    Options
    The closer I got to my deadline date , I doubled the cardio, 1 hour morning fasted cardio at 4 am and then lifting workout and another 1 hour of cardio. I'm not saying that is what's best for you to do but I had hard time adjusting and cutting my calories so I added extra cardio. I was at around 2800 calories which I considered very low, macros 45% protein 25% carbs and 30% fats