Back after gaining almost everything again.

Options
ThenameIwantedwastaken
ThenameIwantedwastaken Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I started an MFP account again last year because I had lost 150± a few years ago then let it start coming back through a diet of fast food and a lot of alcohol. Shortly after starting this new account I became pregnant. After losing the baby I started drinking heavily and not caring about what I ate at all. But as you can see from this graph of the last year, I am losing weight faster than I put it on. Hopefully I'll be where I was a year ago in 6 months and where I was a few years ago by the end of next year. Also, today marks 3 weeks since my last drink.

Nothing is worth destroying your health over and all it takes is the single action of starting to change to make all the difference.

o8xn0l1.jpg?1

Here are my before and after pictures from the first time around. 308 to 140 something in a year and a half.

IWkgXGL.jpg?1

These were taken on New Year's Eve 2011 and New Year's Eve 2012.

Lm9PNDO.jpg?1Qln56cQ.jpg?1

This was a couple weeks before I actually started working on getting healthy again. I was about to cry but wanted an accurate representation of what I had let myself become again.

RHEVHlC.jpg?1

And this was taken a couple of weeks in this time around.

EXYnz9m.jpg?1

Even though the real noticeable difference is mainly in my expressions and the fact that I started caring about my skin and hair again, I feel that's one of the most important things. Especially in the beginning. I know I have a long journey ahead of me and I still kick myself for falling so far from where my hard work had originally brought me but I know that if I stick to it like I did last time I will end up fully happy again. I'll also stop knocking stuff over with my big fat booty again.

Replies

• marydauer
    marydauer Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I know how you feel. I lost 40 lbs about 14 yrs ago and have since gained it back. I'm ready to lose it and keep it off this time!! Lifestyle change and have to do it the rest of my life. You can do it too!! That's awesome that you've stopped drinking and now taking care if your body. You should be proud of yourself!
  • ado4me
    ado4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been there. It is so easy to get discouraged. My nephew graduated from high school last Friday and my profile picture is one the photographer took that day. I was so embarrassed by the way I looked and I am back at it. Good luck to you. You can do it!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    old habits are hard to break...dont give up
  • MRBDDB
    MRBDDB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and all that you've been through. You can do this though, you've done it before and you can do it again. I lost 55 lbs over 10 years ago, went through a painful divorce and have gained it all back. I'm only down 11 lbs right now but logging my food this go around has been very helpful and keeps me in check with what I'm eating. Good luck :)
  • ThenameIwantedwastaken
    Options
    MRBDDB wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for your loss and all that you've been through. You can do this though, you've done it before and you can do it again. I lost 55 lbs over 10 years ago, went through a painful divorce and have gained it all back. I'm only down 11 lbs right now but logging my food this go around has been very helpful and keeps me in check with what I'm eating. Good luck :)

I'm down 11 so far too!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I've been up and down ever since college. In a dark period during college I hit 300 for the first time in my life. Before that I was athletic and into body building and weight 195 lbs solid. I got back down to 220 for awhile and have yoyoed around since then. This last year I looked in the mirror and decided if I wanted to be here to see my kids graduate and get married and have their kids, I had to get my act together. I joined MFP and started focusing on it. So you aren't alone. You've done it before and can again!
    Its an amazing transformation you accomplished in a year and you can do it again! It gets harder each year but its possible.
    Keep working at it at and it will all fall into place, remember life is more of a marathon than a sprint!