Binged/stopped caring and lost weight

Options
s1886x
s1886x Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I had my final exams recently and for 2 full weeks I have been eating complete rubbish, I stopped counting calories and completely pigged out on junk food and snacks (e.g an entire packet of biscuits/cookies each day, several tubes of pringles, nutella sandwiches, lots of icecream, big bags of Doritos etc) I also stopped going to the gym and stayed at home pretty much every single day glued to my desk. Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in 2 weeks and I'm down 1 pound? How can this be possible? Is there something I'm missing? Because I don't really want to go back to eating avocados and grilled chicken if nutella and pizza works just the same :confused:

Edit: with that said, I can feel myself getting flabbier/softer round the midsection and more lethargic too. Not quite sure what that means though

Replies

• DangerouslyEli
    DangerouslyEli Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat, if you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. You could spend the next six months eating only nutella and pizza, if you're eating 1200-1500 a day or at whatever calorie deficit you have set up, you'll lose weight the exact same as if you ate 1200-1500 calories of avocados and grilled chicken.

What you eat makes no difference to weight loss, how much does.

But keep in mind, eating only junk food can result in health implications down the road.
  • s1886x
    s1886x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat, if you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. You could spend the next six months eating only nutella and pizza, if you're eating 1200-1500 a day or at whatever calorie deficit you have set up, you'll lose weight the exact same as if you ate 1200-1500 calories of avocados and grilled chicken.

What you eat makes no difference to weight loss, how much does.

But keep in mind, eating only junk food can result in health implications down the road.
    I get that. But there was no calorie deficit... My calorie target is 1200 and I usually reach it -or go a bit over - when I'm being very healthy and strict with myself. If, like this past 2 weeks, I'm eating 700 calories worth of junk food each day plus my usual meals, I'm obviously going way over my limit. So I'm still confused :confused:
  • DangerouslyEli
    DangerouslyEli Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well at 1900 (or there about) calories you're not going to gain any weight either; the scale was probably just showing weight fluctuation then.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself at a consistent time and day? If not, that would explain the variation.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Not to burst your bubble, but ONE pound change on the scale is not "weight loss". That's just water fluctuation. It's impossible to eat over your calorie goal and lose body fat.
  • exact0ninja
    exact0ninja Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuation and muscle loss.