What are good meals to eat?

Options
Ajgeek1
Ajgeek1 Posts: 4 Member
I need some ideas to make healthier eating choices. I like to make chicken and vegtables like cauliflower broccoli carrots spinach. I also love salads. Post your favorite chicken and vegtables or favorite sales recipe.

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad:
    -lettuce (mixed greens and the purple lettuce)
    -artichoke hearts (maybe 4 ounces)
    -kalamata olives (1-1.5 ounces)
    -feta crumbles (1-1.5 ounces)
    -purple onion if I have it
    -Greek or Italian dressing (I typically make my own and add a little less olive oil and a little more water as well as adding lots of the balsamic vinegar. This helps slash some calories)
    -chicken if I have it

I want to say this salad is usually under 500 calories, especially if I don't add a ton of chicken. I'm making it tomorrow again! It's really the feta, olives, and dressing you really have to worry about!

So good!

I have also made a really good chicken bake. Two chicken breasts in a casserole dish, add green beans or another vegetable to one side and then potatoes (I used cauliflower instead to cut down on carbs) to the other side. Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing seasoning (I also add garlic powder and seasoned salt). Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for about an hour or until chicken is cooked!

When I'm feeling really "bad" and want something a little junkier without blowing my whole diet, I make buffalo cauliflower "wings" (you coat cauliflower in a mixture of buffalo sauce, a little bitter, and garlic powder) and bake it at 450 for like 20 min. Dip in light ranch! If you eat a TON of these, the sodium level is outrageous, but sometimes I like to treat myself :) there are tons of copies of this recipe on Pinterest, make sure you find one that doesn't include flour (more carbs and calories and you don't need it for it to taste amazing!)

Hope these helped!
  • fitnesspal1256
    fitnesspal1256 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of sir fry, but not traditional ones. I keep tomato sauce, bell pepper sauce, tostitos queso dip, and a few others on hand at all times. Then I make dinners that are one veggie (zucchini, broccoli, green beans, spaghetti squash) and about 200-300 calories of whatever protein i want (chicken, beef, lean turkey) and then add a sauce and a seasoning. i.e. queso and taco seasoning (my favorite), tomato sauce and goat cheese, and grill seasonings. One pan, takes maybe 20 min to cook. Works great for me! Good luck!
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When possible bring you lunch to the job with you. To make things less of a choice during the week, pre make salads and entrees over weekend. that way just grab and go, and you have to make zero choice about what to eat when your hungry.
    Choice is my enemy... hmmmmm spinach salad with some grilled chicken
    or
    wings, and a pizza????