parties

Options
anulle2009
anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
If you know your going to have a big night of drinking with 5-6 beers, do you actually log that??

Replies

• gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Id say log everything! Start again next day!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sure, you are logging for yourself, right? So you already know, right?
    So you might as well put it in writing.

It can be a great tool to look back and see how this affected you and your weight loss -- if you are good at your next weigh in, you know it's not that bad. If you don't lose or gain, you know you have to be very careful in the future.
  • adamarker11382
    Options
    Yes, because beer, wine, or liquor is still a form of calories and ultimately you want to be accurate.
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    Of course you would log it calories are calories.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily have to log it, just so long as you understand that your body will keep an accurate food log even if you don't. Basically what I'm saying is, yes, log it. If might help you later on down the road (if you're trying to see where you can cut calories from, so you can model another day out similarly, etc.) Personally, if I eat/drink it, I log it.
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    Of course you log it! Just because you have a few drinks doesn't mean that you've blown your diet. Make sure you workout earlier in the day and get those "bonus calories". Don't feel guilty to enjoy your life or a few drinks. Losing weight doesn't have to be torture. :glasses:
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I think my fear is seeing how many calories total it will be LOL..I have a party saturday and i know its gonna be a drinking night. I am going to try to get in a work out that morning, so i can feel better.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Logging it has helped me realize that I drink more calories than I thought I did. Now, it's getting easier to say no, because I want to stay on track with my goals. Either that or I'm just going to have to work harder to burn the cals I've consumed.
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    If you know your going to have a big night of drinking with 5-6 beers, do you actually log that??

How bad were you over the weekend?? :laugh:

:glasses: