Cherries

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
Wow, check out what's up with Cherries. Even if all of it is proven not to be true, Cherries taste good and are low calorie and good fruit.

A recent study from the University of Michigan reveals new evidence linking cherries to heart health benefits. The study found that a cherry-enriched diet lowered total weight, body fat (especially the important “belly” fat), inflammation and cholesterol-all risk factors associated with heart disease.

A growing body of science reveals tart cherries, enjoyed as either dried, frozen cherries or cherry juice, have among the highest levels of disease-fighting antioxidants, when compared to other fruits.

http://www.choosecherries.com/health/main.aspx

Replies

• shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not to mention how good they taste! I'd rather eat cherries than a candy bar.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! I only tried them for the first time ever a few months ago and now I eat them whenever possible as my fruit portion. Nice to know they're so beneficial for you!
  • sweatymary
    sweatymary Posts: 67
    Options
    WOW so glad I ate a punnet of them yesterday :-D they tasted sooooooo good and now I know they have such health benefits I'm going to keep them in my diet :-D
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi
    I know cherries are so good for you .. I got into really back car wreck few years back they help the pain in your joints .. and they will help with alot of stuff . mostly I have heard Joints pain is the best .. and they are good for you and low calories and teast so good . l eat them like they are going out of style... they are better them cookies or candy bar I agree .. hugs all thanks
    thanks for sharing this with us all
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Bump