Can I eat takeaway 2 days in a row?

Options
2»

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If you eat over on your cals one day can you just create a larger deficit the next day or is this not advisable?

yeah, this works for me. Maybe not everyone (like someone who gets overly frustrated with herself for "failing her diet") but for most people it works just fine.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you eat over on your cals one day can you just create a larger deficit the next day or is this not advisable?

It depends on how far over you went. 50-100 calories? Sure. 300+? Just move on.
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about calorie deficit. If you can manage to keep under it, eat 3 days in a row!
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I have it set at 2 pounds a week. Today we had a family dinner and I went 500 over. Perhaps I could take off 50 a day for 5 days to make up for some?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

I have it set at 2 pounds a week. Today we had a family dinner and I went 500 over. Perhaps I could take off 50 a day for 5 days to make up for some?

If you went 500 calories over the deficit MFP gave you at 2 pounds per week, you didn't really go over. You have more wiggle room than someone who is set to lose .5 pounds a week. I wouldn't sweat it.
  • Intentional_Me
    Options

If you went 500 calories over the deficit MFP gave you at 2 pounds per week, you didn't really go over. You have more wiggle room than someone who is set to lose .5 pounds a week. I wouldn't sweat it.

Okay thanks for the help!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

Depends on you. In a lot of folks, that kind of behavior can lead to cycles of binge and restrict, which are unhealthy and counterproductive. As long as going over is not a regular occurrence, it's fine. If it is regularly happening, you should reassess your strategy.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

500 calories over is 1/7 of a pound or 2.3 ounces of weight gain. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about making it up.

However -- I'd ask myself what was the deal with it being a "family dinner"; there should be no reason why you can't eat a meal with your family and not go over.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great...now I'm thinking about fried chicken... :# Very few calories left today... #jealous
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I eat out often. Sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row. If it fits in your goal them it is fine. I don't consider it cheating. Even if I go over calories I don't consider it cheating. Just log it and move on.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It's interesting how Euros seem to say takeaway while Americans usually say "take out".

Australians say 'takeaway' too!
  • Intentional_Me
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »

500 calories over is 1/7 of a pound or 2.3 ounces of weight gain. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about making it up.

However -- I'd ask myself what was the deal with it being a "family dinner"; there should be no reason why you can't eat a meal with your family and not go over.

You are so right :) We went out with extended family and I couldn't control myself is more likely the answer than me using that as an excuse.

Thank you for keeping me in check. I need that!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your daily/weekly calorie goal, you can literally eat whatever you want.