Quick,easy and portable.....HELP

Ok. Here is my dilemma. I am a truck driver. It is so easy to just walk in, grab fast food and keep going. I really need to lose weight but dont have a lot of time. Can anyone give me some ideas of food i can eat while driving down the road. As few ingredients as possible since theirs not a lot of room in the truck. And has to be quick and easy to make or something i can stock in my very very small frig. I only have a few hours a week to be able to prep for the week. Only cooking item i have is a grillette (skillet w/ a grill option), a coffee maker and a mini crock pot. I am so tired by the time i am done driving for the day i just want to grab something quickly and climb in bed. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Ready made protein shakes, protein bars, nuts, sandwiches, .. snacks are just fine if you work them into your calories. I eat the so called 'bad foods' and lose weight just fine. Maybe pick up some frozen veg and meat and make a crock pot meal so by the time you come home, there's a meal waiting for you. Pasta is quick and easy- just add some cooked meat, veg and sauce and you're ready to eat in around 20 minutes or under, less if you purchase fresh pasta. Sausages are quick. Eggs. White rice takes 10 minutes. Fruit like apples and bananas are great. Peanut butter.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Slow cook some boneless chicken thighs and shred them. You can store it in your fridge and use them to make wraps. Pretty much my go-to lunch for the week.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Grocery stores for rotisserie chicken and cut up fresh fruits and veggies from the produce aisle.
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    kittycatsinunderpants Posts: 43 Member
    I'm really into crunchy snacks while driving. Celery sticks, sometimes with a smidgen of peanut butter, or baby carrots. I also pack a sandwich or two (my favorite is turkey, hummus and apple on whole wheat English muffin) and a whole apple. A friend suggested I might like fresh fennel because it's crunchy like celery, but tastes like licorice. I haven't tried it out yet.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Beef jerky.
    Fast food is o.k. Check calories ahead of time before leaving for the road:.
    Reasonable calories: Large Wendy's chili, McD's Buffalo Ranch Chicken.
    McD's: McChicken, Burger King: A.1.® Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger, Taco Bell: Two A.1.® Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburgers(190 calories per serving)