Will I ever get to wear a bikini?!

Options
1dukdlporvp5.jpg

Ok so I've dropped a total of 175 lbs. between the births of my three children since 2003 - YAY! I'm now down to my lowest weight ever of 131 lbs. I've been working out consistently since January (both strength and cardio), but still find myself VERY jiggly and fat, especially the lower body. I know I'm a pear body shape and will have to deal with a larger lower body! The body fat literally undulates on my lower body and I can feel fat "beads" underneath my skin...not sure if that's because my skin is thin or what. I'm also a small body frame (wrist of 5.9", height of 5'5"), so I know I need to drop a few pounds still. My cheap body fat calculator tool says my BF % is 29%. Not sure how accurate the little doo-dad is though.

I want to wear a bikini SO bad! I've never had the body to wear one because I've either been pregnant or fat from being pregnant LOL! I need some honest words of advice and encouragement. Thank you!

Replies

• ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look great! Gratz on all the weight loss. If you want the jiggling to stop, consider resistance training to tone the muscle you already have.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I agree you look amazing! I dream to have your body shape! Definitely suggest to keep at the weight training. Congrats!!
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You do look amazing! I work out like crazy- have my entire life- and even when I didn't need to lose 15lbs, I had cellulite on my thighs and was insecure (my muscles are toned underneath). Resistance training is great, and you should do it for your health, but I'd recommend just wearing a sarong until/if you get to the point where you're comfortable.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida and you look better in that suit than a lot of people who run around at the beach in bikinis. May not make you more comfortable in your own skin, but you are there if you want to be. I completely understand how you feel - I'll probably never see anything but a tankini again.
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes you will you just have to develop a solid plan and stick to it and you'll be right where you wanna be...don't give up if it was easy there'd be a lot more models walking the beaches
  • emz_1993
    emz_1993 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The shape of your body is beautiful. I say *kitten* what people think and wear it!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Thats a case of really *kitten* awful fitting room lighting... You look great, you have a wonderful shape, the bikini fits you very well and you should rock the *kitten* out of it because you have worked your *kitten* off. (excuse the language...)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Wear your bikini with pride you have a great shape
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I won't.

Not here anyway.

Too cold. I did look at them this past summer, but we get about 5 minutes of heat a year and it wasn't worth it.
  • nouriapolis
    nouriapolis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! You look really great
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've always wanted to wear one, too, but even now at 5'6", 161 lbs, and stretch marks galore, I'm still too big for one yet. You, on the other hand, look amazing in that one. I say go for it..you rock it! Your body shape is awesome and you should be proud to show off the results of your hard work! Go you!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're wearing a bikini... job done.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I live in Florida and you look better in that suit than a lot of people who run around at the beach in bikinis. May not make you more comfortable in your own skin, but you are there if you want to be. I completely understand how you feel - I'll probably never see anything but a tankini again.

^ I came in to say exactly this. Now, if you want to work to improve your body composition, you could start strength training if you haven't already. I'm not saying you need to. You've already done a hell of a job. If you have then either keep it up or find a weight training program for relatively fast results.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You lost 175 lbs?! That's amazing - congratulations! I'll echo what everyone else said - you look fantastic, and it's all about your confidence.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You look great! Rock that bikini with pride! Pay no mind to the social aesthetic that we are all supposed to look like supermodels. You do you without a flying frick about what other people wear, how they look or what you're worried about them thinking. :heart:
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    The only way you will ever be able to wear a bikini is if you buy one.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The only way you will ever be able to wear a bikini is if you buy one.

You missed the picture of the OP wearing a bikini then???
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    It appears that it's in a fitting room :P. Won't get to wear it if she doesn't buy it! ;)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic in a bikini! So yes, you can (and you are)!

If you aren't happy with your body now, I would start strength training to tighten things up.