Type 2 diabetes anyone struggling to lose

Options
I'm trying to eat high protein healthy fats low carb no sugar . I'm struggling to get results any suggestions to help me over this hump? I would appreciate any information and help...thanks

Replies

• tnevin225
    tnevin225 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Check out the Keto diet. Moderate protien about 20%, 75% Fat and 5% carbs. I been on it for a week and it is amazing what its done so far. To Much Protien start to turn to sugar in the body. If you don't know much about Keto the two books I would recommend are Keto Clarity and Keto adapted, also Grain Brain is a great book. I listen to them on Audible. Good Luck,Be Strong, and Master the Journey
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I agree with tnevin225. I'm insulin resistant and I've modified my nutrients to Carbs 10%, Fat 65%, Protein 25%. You need to track daily and stay within the guidelines you choose, especially with the carbs. I also take into consideration my total daily calories. I'm usually <40 carbs per day and it is working for me. Good luck!
  • Tiffaney7
    Tiffaney7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the suggestions and the support.
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    check out the Gabriel Method. And also Diabetics Work-Out Support Group on Facebook.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you take any medications, check with your doctor before attempting keto. But I think keto is worth a try.
  • FionaPlum
    FionaPlum Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There is a book by Dr Michael Mosley called 'The 8-week blood sugar diet' that you might find interesting.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    For the fats, weigh them carefully in grams. a little over is quite a bit of calories.
    Here is a low carb group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My grandfather is type two and he tells me he is doing great with 3 meals a day at 60 carbs each and two snacks at 15-20 carbs each. He tells me it is all about eating the right amount of carbs at the right times. Not so much about eating extremely low carbs.

Diabetes can be very dangerous, so you should probably talk to your doctor before trying anything suggested on the internet. Especially if you are on medication.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    For the fats, weigh them carefully in grams. a little over is quite a bit of calories.
    Here is a low carb group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Strongly second this especially the group!