Looking for non-diety folks!!

Options
Hi all! Trying out mpf as a way to log instead of the ol' handy pen and paper. What you need to know.... I've lost weight, lots of weight....oh like 161 lbs....on my own before. No pills. No surgery. And daily chocolate. That was the biggest loss, but I've lost a lot....a lot of times. Old habits die hard, so I find myself in a position to lose some again. Not at my highest weight though...yay me. Anywho...I would love some like minded friends on here. I loathe diets. Don't do them. They are unnecessary. Weight loss is possible from eating whatever ya want within your budget. I've done it. SO....if you are interested....I could use some mpf buddies. Thanks y'all ;)

Replies

• lmiyoshi
    lmiyoshi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am with you on that. Chocolate is not my thing, but I don't eliminate carbs and I like a little beer or wine. But I do know that I have trigger foods (potato chips!) that I know I can't just have a little of if more is available. Looking for the perfect support group here.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that! I know that i give up everything good then I'll give up for good!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    "Going on a diet" implies an end date, at which point you "go back to normal"... for me, "normal" would mean eating too much again, which is what got me in this position in the first place! I've lost close to 30lbs so far and still include chocolate, pizza, bacon and many other things I love in my food choices. I just have less of them. :)

Like the poster above, if I had to give up all the things I love to eat forever - which would be the case without moderation and portion control - then I'd just give up and stay fat. Moderation doesn't work for everyone and some people find it works better for them to just cut out certain things, but for me personally this is the way to go! I need to be able to control my weight for the rest of my life, and I can see myself succeeding like this. :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    We're already friends!

Anyone else on this thread I'm right there with ya. I've lost 39lbs eating pizza, ice cream, steak and drinking wine. Moderation works!
  • Lovethesnow35
    Lovethesnow35 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Anytime I have to explain what I'm doing on this app or while fixing a meal or eating out I get "why are you dieting?" Or "I could never spend my time worrying about counting calories ". I am 165 pounds 5'9 female and 39 years old. I'd like to be around 135. More importantly I want to feel better and have more energy. I still eat the foods I love. One thing that I like about MFP is being able to make sure I'm getting enough of the good stuff and less of the bad. I have realized over the past week that I have been on here, just logging, that my cholesterol and sodium intake is really high. I haven't been getting enough vitamins or protein. It's really nice to find people who agree that dieting isn't the way to go. With better habits and better meal planning we will feel better and be more motivated to continue on this great! Be in touch!
  • Rhythmtracker
    Rhythmtracker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah I never liked people yammering at me to cut out certain foods. Im all for clean eating and getting mostly vegetables and all that. But if I want cake I'm going to have cake, and eat it too. My food philosophy is that you should eat healthy most of the time so you can splurge when you want and not feel instant food guilt. Friends of all opinions - similar or differing - are welcome!