What is your favourite 'on plan' meal?

Angellore
Angellore Posts: 519 Member
edited June 2016 in Recipes
So if you had to choose one meal, which would be your absolute favourite? (I say 'on plan' for want of a better term, I know everyone has different targets!) I'm looking for new ideas so I'm going to try other people's favourites! Links to recipes and pics a bonus! :)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I make Chicken Parmesan and love it because I can scale the ingredients to match my needs. I take a chicken breast and cut it in half to make two thin pieces and tenderize it. Then I roll it in some bread crumbs (a little goes a long way) and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, pull it out and put some light spaghetti sauce on it with some cheese, bake 10 more minutes and it's done.

This is actually the recipe I use when I have friends coming over for dinner. Served with salad or vegetables or even some spaghetti for friends who aren't counting calories.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I like to simmer together approximately

1/2 cup black beans
    1/2 cup sweet corn
    1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
    1/4 cup salsa
    1/4 cup jarred jalapeños, diced, with the juice
    1Tbsp chili powder

And serve it over brown rice, with 1/2 an avocado on top. Heaven in a bowl!

I've been buying seasoned beans, fire roasted tomatoes and and fiesta corn lately (all canned) which are great when I don't have time to simmer everything together. I can throw it together and microwave it and it still tastes great
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Huevos Rancheros. This is pretty much how I make mine, but I don't fry the tortillas in oil. Her salsa recipe is my favourite. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mr-it5OJUfM
  • Jacbanes
    Jacbanes Posts: 2 Member
    I make huevos rancheros too, but I heat 2 extra thin corn tortillas in a skillet. Remove then put half a can of mexican style stewed tomatoes that I've chopped up into the skillet and crack 2 eggs in. I put a lid on top and the eggs steam until they are cooked the way I like. I top the tortillas with the eggs and tomatoes and add cheese. Yummo
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    I love chicken parm too, we had it for dinner on thursday - too yummy! I like the sound of the bean mix over brown rice. I think I will try that and mix in some cooked chicken at the end. Never tried huevos rancheros before, will have to give them a go. Thanks!