Not letting this stop me

Options
gee1961
gee1961 Posts: 5 Member
Yesterday was a hard day. I had journal the day before what I was going to eat for this day but as the day went on I discovered I was very hungry and the old habits creep back into my mind. I have to admit I let them get the best of me and I ate things that weren't on my food journal. The reason why this is a success story is that I weighted and measured even though I was eating. Including things that weren't planned or usually accepted as part of a diet I weighed and tracked every ounce that I put into my mouth. Bt the end of the day I ate beyond the total calories for the day but surprisingly only by 200 calories! Today I continue back on program. The reason why I consider this a good success story is that I tracked everything that went into my mouth and today I'm back on track feeling strong and proud of myself so yes that is success.

Replies

• benevempress
    benevempress Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Agree. You had a rough day but you stayed with your plan to measure and log and in the end you found out that it wasn't a lot of calories over and feel better now. Compare that to folks who have a rough day and start eating off their plan, stop logging, and give up or wipe out their entire weekly deficit and don't even realize it but beat themselves up emotionally and feel like they failed.

You have discovered some of the keys to making this a successful lifestyle change... be honest with yourself, keep going even when it's hard, and understand that not every day will be perfect or easy...nor does it need to be to achieve long term success.
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Huge success! Good job.
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is a great success and part of life. Well done for sticking with it and getting back on track!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!