C25K groups for July?

Options
Are there any Couch to 5k groups starting July 1st? I just did my W1D1 and would really like some running accountability buddies.

Laura

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    how often do you run in this program?
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    Laura,

I already started it a few weeks ago otherwise, I definately would! Tomorrow I start W4D1 and I'm pretty pumped about it... Here is my advice... each week, the first day is the hardest, but DO NOT give up! When you get to the 3rd day, you will be able to do it without a problem and you will laugh at yourself for thinking about giving upthe first day.

Also, don't run it everyday... It is designed to have a day of rest in between them. I do my running on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday... On Tuesday and Thursdays, I do strength training and cardio that focuses on strength, like a stair climber.

Finally, don't worry so much about your mileage, if you are using something that can track that. Work on finishing the program at your own pace. When I am finished with this first round of C25K, I am going to do it again, BUT, I'm going to increase my speed so that I finish a 5K within 30 minutes.

Right now my only goal is to finish the program, and when I run that last day, it will be the most rewarding run!

Good luck, I know you will do great! The program is designed for everyone and anyone!
  • lemonlaiime
    lemonlaiime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    how often do you run in this program?

You run 3 times a week for 9 weeks, slowly building up your running times until you can run 30 min without stopping.
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I started and quit about a onth ago. I will start it again tomorrow and do not want to fail this time, I loved it, dunno why i quit...
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    im going to be doing it in july but a few weeks ahead of you, i did week 4 day 2 today
  • atachauer
    atachauer Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just started C25K today doing W1D1 and it was actually ok! I was on a treadmill though so could manage my pace easily, though I imagine running outside and going too fast and puffing myself out. I'll do W1D2 on Saturday 2nd July, so if there are any July groups I may join that as I'm only 1 day ahead. :-D

I know i'm only 1 day in but I am tempted to enter a 5K charity fun run and train for running the lot....but I'm gonna see how far I actually get as I am lazy!
    Good luck! x
  • lemonlaiime
    lemonlaiime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @Lissajoy08 - thanks for the advice! I've actually aligned my running with my work schedule since i'm off Tuesdays and Wednesdays, those are going to be my "rest days". The only thing I worry about is that I do the program on the treadmill at a constant speed of 3.5 for both my runs and walks. I'm doing this mostly so I can focus on just actually running and getting into the habit of running.
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    @Lissajoy08 - thanks for the advice! I've actually aligned my running with my work schedule since i'm off Tuesdays and Wednesdays, those are going to be my "rest days". The only thing I worry about is that I do the program on the treadmill at a constant speed of 3.5 for both my runs and walks. I'm doing this mostly so I can focus on just actually running and getting into the habit of running.

Lauran,

I am a short lady with equally short legs... I walk at 3 mph and comfortably jog at 5 mph.. I am a treadmill runner as well and I do not do crazy speeds either! :) I'm going to bump up my walking/jogging in .5 mph increments... like I said, I got some shorty legs and I am hauling at trying to walk at 3.5! Woo!

Just work at your own pace, do what you can and work on bumping up the mph later! :)
  • atachauer
    atachauer Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the add- I have no idea what the speed settings are on the gym machine but I was brisk walking at 6.0 and jogging at 7.0. I used to be able to run on 8-8.5 but I think it's more about completing the whole programme for me at the moment, I think once I complete the programme I can work on speed... I'm actually looking forward to Sat to do the second day :-)