SO who in your mind is the most Over Rated Band/Musician?

Options

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    joolie1234 wrote: »
    Taylor Swift. She has won a billion awards and yet I am compelled to change the station every time one of her songs comes on. :P

Yesssssss
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Taylor Swift's songs are very well put together. She is definitely worthy of her pop star status.

Matter fact, I was about to bench 575 for 15 reps when I heard "Style" playing through the gym's speakers. I immediately got up and started running around frantically asking "WHO DAT IZ... WHO DAT IZ???" when some pig-tailed gal on the elliptical blurted out "Taylor Swift!". That's when I knew she had undeniable talent and I've been taking her seriously ever since. I ask that you all re-assess with a good pair of headphones.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    165852-Taylor-Swift-crotch-chop-gif-i-ibf8.gif
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint you, but that will never happen. I'd rather stick a fork in my ear. Although, I'd never run around a gym saying "who dat iz" either, so I'm just going to assume you and I are very different people.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Taylor Swift is quite incredible though, she's got a new boyfriend now so let's wait for the next album when they break up.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »
    Taylor Swift is quite incredible though, she's got a new boyfriend now so let's wait for the next album when they break up.

They just broke up actually. :p

This thread has turned more into a guilty pleasure thread for me because I like most of the music listed. At least of who I've heard.

I like a lot of Taylor Swift's music. I also want to punch her in the face when I hear certain songs. :)

Did someone mention One Direction (probably)? I love a lot of their songs! The music is catchy, most of their lyrics are positive, and their voices sound really good together.

And saying the Beatles are overrated physically hurt me.

I can't really name any overrated bands or singers because I like what I like. I rarely liked anything Prince did so.... :)
  • Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Meghan trainor
  • Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    No one torch me but I think eminem is highly overrated
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Zom_bunny wrote: »
    No one torch me but I think eminem is highly overrated

Damn it! I can only click "awesome" once.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Eh, mostly agree.

But I do wonder re:Beatles how old y'all are. Creeping up on 50 here and I don't find them to be overrated.

I do think that there music may not all carry over so well because the style/technology has changed a lot. If you open to it you might check out the stuff from the Cirque show LOVE that was reworked.

amazon.com/Love-Beatles/dp/B000JK8OYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465133841&sr=8-1&keywords=love+cirque+du+soleil

Some nice covers out there too.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B000X9Q8A4?ie=UTF8&keywords=across%20the%20universe&qid=1465134086&ref_=sr_1_1&s=dmusic&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0

Better covers soundtrack...mellow one.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00I1B20UI?ie=UTF8&keywords=i%20am%20sam%20soundtrack&qid=1465134763&ref_=sr_1_1&s=dmusic&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0

• _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Beyonce. Drake. :mask:
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Totally disagree with the Fleetwood Mac suggestion, I've been listening to The Chain on repeat for days.

Agree with Beyonce. Bon Jovi. Aerosmith.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Beyonce or Coldplay for me
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The Beatles. Come at me bro.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    beyonce
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    i can think of a song i like from every one mentioned cept nickleback but then i wouldn't call them 'overrated' coz everybody hates on them

I came here to say this. How can a band that everyone hates be overrated?

Still a better band than Train.

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Beyonce or Coldplay for me

Coldplay at Superbowl zzzzzz

Beyonce at Superbowl !!!!paaaartyyy!!!!
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I never realised everybody hated on nickleback I quite like them
    Especially after a bottle of wine and I'm in the mood for easy listening haha
    But I think mariah Carey is overrated can't stand her OooOoH oOooh type singing ok she hits all the notes but makes me feel ill while she's doin it such a winey voice
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    i can think of a song i like from every one mentioned cept nickleback but then i wouldn't call them 'overrated' coz everybody hates on them

I came here to say this. How can a band that everyone hates be overrated?

Still a better band than Train.

I'm not the biggest Train fan, but they were on Howard Stern last week covering Led Zeppelin songs and man, they killed it. It was awesome (if you like Zeppelin).