Ramadan / weight loss / fasting

Options
Hey all!
- Does anyone have any tips to lose weight during Ramadan?
- What workouts I should be doing??
- Also, what time I should workout?

Some background information:
Ramadan is the month where Muslims around the world fast everyday for a month. This year (depending on location) we fast from roughly around 2:30am to 9:30pm. That means no eating or drinking between this time slot, allowing around 5 hours to eat and drink between 9:30pm - 2:30am. Make sense? Sorry if I'm causing any confusion! Lol
My gym opening hours are 7am-8:30pm.
Usually when I break my fast I binge eat resulting in me gaining weight rather than losing.

Also, if you're partaking in any form of fasting in the coming weeks, add me and we can support each other. Would love to hear about how others are doing :D x

Replies

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I do this every day it's not a big deal
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There are a few really good threads on this...use the search function and have a read.
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Thanks for the response! What workouts are good to avoid dehydration??
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    There are a few really good threads on this...use the search function and have a read.

Okay thanks!
  • Slarix
    Slarix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe just do light walking? I don't think any workouts can prevent dehydration because you'll be working up a sweat ;3
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    Waspberrie wrote: »
    Maybe just do light walking? I don't think any workouts can prevent dehydration because you'll be working up a sweat ;3

• skyhowl
    skyhowl Posts: 206 Member
    Options

i think the best time to workout would be just before iftar, you will get to eat and drink after your workout so you don't need to worry about dehydration. if you are going to be busy "as many of us will be" before iftar. just try to make it close to sunset as possible. (this is my plan for this Ramadan, hopefully it works for me)
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    TinklesOdd wrote: »

i think the best time to workout would be just before iftar, you will get to eat and drink after your workout so you don't need to worry about dehydration. if you are going to be busy "as many of us will be" before iftar. just try to make it close to sunset as possible. (this is my plan for this Ramadan, hopefully it works for me)

Thank you so much ! Ramadan kareem :-)
  • fznfadillah
    fznfadillah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do fasting in Ramadan. Alhough I have shorter time slot, about 5am-6.30pm, here. But we have some problems.

I read some articles, they said the best time to workout is in the night, after you break your fast. But not allowing to eat carbs before workout. I would like to try this strategy.
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There are a few diets that already exist that align with this perfectly. Check out things like LeanGains, The Warrior Diet and other variations of intermittent fasting. A number of workout people have been doing this for years.
  • fznfadillah
    fznfadillah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are a few diets that already exist that align with this perfectly. Check out things like LeanGains, The Warrior Diet and other variations of intermittent fasting. A number of workout people have been doing this for years.

But IF allows you to drink water, not in Ramadan fasting. It's hard to train in fasted (for me)
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    I do fasting in Ramadan. Alhough I have shorter time slot, about 5am-6.30pm, here. But we have some problems.

I read some articles, they said the best time to workout is in the night, after you break your fast. But not allowing to eat carbs before workout. I would like to try this strategy.

Thank you and Ramadan Mubarak! :-)
  • myfightforfitness
    Options

Thanks! :)
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options

Thanks for the response! What workouts are good to avoid dehydration??

Drink a half gallon of water