How many LBS between sizes?

Options
I know it all depends on the clothing brand, the way you carry your weight ect but I have lost 30 lbs(260-230 so far)and still fit the same jeans(22)and it doesn't seem to me to have changed anything at all....
I have had kids plus being morbidly obese so I have a pretty good size pooch/saggy fat belly and I know that adds to it...also I have PCOS so tend to have belly fat first.
But I would like to see where others are and about how many lbs it is for them and their body type and height.
So I'm 5'5 down 30 lbs from 260 to 230 size 22 jeans STILL and tend to hold weight in my belly not sure really of body shape?

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    This varies so much from person to person. It wasn't until I hit close to 30lbs lost that jeans started fitting different. And I mean DIFFERENT. Like a roomy 24 to size a not roomy 20. Seven more pounds and all 18's I tried on fit. Your body is going to do what it's going to do, and it's probably not going to make a lot of sense.
  • seaniepoohbear
    seaniepoohbear Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping 5-10 more pounds and I can move down a size :( 40 lbs between sizes seems like a lot to me
  • afdonohue5
    afdonohue5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In my opinion the size I started in (24) were tight on me, so it took a while to change sizes but I did notice they were fitting better as I went along. I do have issues going down sized bc of my stomach also.. I feel like my bottom and legs could fit in a 18 but I can't go down bc if my stomach, so I feel your pain!! Just keep working and we will get there :)
  • seaniepoohbear
    Options
    afdonohue5 wrote: »
    In my opinion the size I started in (24) were tight on me, so it took a while to change sizes but I did notice they were fitting better as I went along. I do have issues going down sized bc of my stomach also.. I feel like my bottom and legs could fit in a 18 but I can't go down bc if my stomach, so I feel your pain!! Just keep working and we will get there :)

Yes that stupid saggy fat pouch keeps me in a 22 but the rest I feel is at least a 20 maybe a tight 18.
    My husband says it looks like I have a second butt because of it squished into my pants.
  • seaniepoohbear
    Options

Yes that stupid saggy fat pouch keeps me in a 22 but the rest I feel is at least a 20 maybe a tight 18.
    My husband says it looks like I have a second butt because of it squished into my pants.

A second butt in the front of course lol
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yeah I go down a regular size every 10-15 lbs., but plus size there is more wiggle (jiggle?) room.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    TnZMom wrote: »
    Yeah I go down a regular size every 10-15 lbs., but plus size there is more wiggle (jiggle?) room.
    It also depends on the cut and fabric - high waisted jeans are a great deal more forgiving than hipster ones, when it comes to the whole 'do they fit me?'. Also, you tend to find much higher Lycra content will be even more forgiving, whether you go down a few pounds or not. Actually, a little lycra means the clothes will retain their shape better.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yeah- if you have more weight to lose, it takes a lot more weight lost before you change sizes. I started at a size 20 and it took me about 40-45 lbs down before I realized I could comfortably fit in a size 18. I am also about 5'5", and started around 260 lbs.

Congratulations on what you've lost so far!!!
  • laceyn18
    laceyn18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the progress! Don't let the size discourage you. It will happen.
    I can't speak for the OP but I feel like a lot of weight loss journeys begin when your clothes are getting too tight. This was definitely the case with me! I refused to buy a bigger size! The size I was wearing was a little too tight and my clothes had stretched quite a bit over time and by my growing my physique so I don't think that was truly my size. As I lost weight I kept thinking I should have gone down a size by now but it took time and a lot more lbs than I would've thought. Eventually I got there and from that point on it was about 10 lbs per size.
  • seaniepoohbear
    Options
    laceyn18 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the progress! Don't let the size discourage you. It will happen.
    I can't speak for the OP but I feel like a lot of weight loss journeys begin when your clothes are getting too tight. This was definitely the case with me! I refused to buy a bigger size! The size I was wearing was a little too tight and my clothes had stretched quite a bit over time and by my growing my physique so I don't think that was truly my size. As I lost weight I kept thinking I should have gone down a size by now but it took time and a lot more lbs than I would've thought. Eventually I got there and from that point on it was about 10 lbs per size.

I didn't think about that...I do wear my jeans out to the max so this pair is pretty old and worn so they probably are not true to size anymore
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person.

I started at 5'5 226lbs and wore a *vague hand gesture*. I could fit into an 18, sometimes a 16, sometimes a 20. I've lost 35 lbs and I'm... really not that much smaller? My 18s feel looser than I remember, but I definitely can't fit into a 14.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    For me 15lbs in and my pants were a size smaller. I was also doing resistance training so I had some body recompositioning as well as losing fat.