The struggle!!! lol

It's so hard trying to stay healthy when the people around you are eating ice cream and cheese burgers. Really had to dig deep for the strength to stick to my baked chicken breast.

Replies

• Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    OMG yes it is that is why I try to always have something healthy around because my family is not supportive at all...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    you can have ice cream and cheeseburgers you just have to make it fit into your calorie goals.I still lost weight and am still losing weight eating what I want.
  • mackleemoose
    mackleemoose Posts: 12 Member
    How? It's so hard for me, I feel like I need to cut out all the junk food to actually see results. How often do you workout? If at all?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    right now I am not working out like I was. its all about calories in vs calories out. I make sure to get in at least 10,000 steps a day. but when I do workout its 3-5 times a week. everything in moderation works. you could also prelog your diary and eat whats on it,a lot of people do that. I just try to make foods I love fit,but I try to keep a health balance as well while doing it. sure some days you may go over your calories a little but what matters is as long as you are under your weekly calories then you should be ok. say you are given 1200 a day,as long as you stay around the 8400(1200x7) calories a week you will still lose weight. if you go over a little once in awhile its ok just get right back on track.burger are healthy,good protein in the meat and the cheese. and ice cream is too just make sure you have a serving. I weigh everything to make sure Im accurate. not everyone weighs food,but for me if I dont I tend to eat more than I think(I cant eyeball portions accurately).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    How? It's so hard for me, I feel like I need to cut out all the junk food to actually see results. How often do you workout? If at all?

Well, yes. If the habits you had before you needed to lose weight included much eating of junk, it is the changing of those habits which will yield results. That still doesn't make it easy when late in the day someone wants to take you out to eat or bring in stuff for the family and you had no prior warning of it. The first months of this journey are very much a learning experience, and from this you are going to learn to communicate with your household about your and their expectations on weekends. Knowledge is power.
  • yagirlmella
    yagirlmella Posts: 21 Member
    It's so hard trying to stay healthy when the people around you are eating ice cream and cheese burgers. Really had to dig deep for the strength to stick to my baked chicken breast.

I understand... I have 5 kids and I watch them snack all day.. Sometimes I just want a few cheez it's.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

Well, yes. If the habits you had before you needed to lose weight included much eating of junk, it is the changing of those habits which will yield results. That still doesn't make it easy when late in the day someone wants to take you out to eat or bring in stuff for the family and you had no prior warning of it. The first months of this journey are very much a learning experience, and from this you are going to learn to communicate with your household about your and their expectations on weekends. Knowledge is power.

while yes in some ways you have to change your habit you can still eat those things and lose weight. you dont have to cut out any foods.and besides its ok to go out with friends or family,if you go over one day its ok. sure the weight loss may be a bit slower but ultimately you will still lose weight. if you cant handle having junk in the home then get it out. but I live in a household where others eat what they want because no one else watches their weight or is losing. so I have to either eat stuff I like in moderation or not eat it at all and telling people not to bring something or you expect them to help you stick to your eating plan will probably fall ultimately on deaf ears. you have choices to make.

its not up to everyone else to make sure you eat or not eat certain things.people who arent losing weight sometimes dont understand and dont see why we are doing what we are doing.I dont expect my family to make their eating habits revolve around mine or expect them to change them for me. I can find better alternatives when eating out or I can choose to eat whatever once in awhile and enjoy it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

I understand... I have 5 kids and I watch them snack all day.. Sometimes I just want a few cheez it's.

and thats fine. make them fit into your calorie goal and you wont feel deprived. I have been at this almost 4 years and havent gained but maybe 5lbs back since I started and that was only because it was my own fault i gained because I ate more than I was supposed to more often.I have lost those 5lbs and then some.
  • yagirlmella
    yagirlmella Posts: 21 Member

and thats fine. make them fit into your calorie goal and you wont feel deprived. I have been at this almost 4 years and havent gained but maybe 5lbs back since I started and that was only because it was my own fault i gained because I ate more than I was supposed to more often.I have lost those 5lbs and then some.

Once you reached your weight goal, how did you eat ? Did you stay on a set calorie intake or did you go higher?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

Once you reached your weight goal, how did you eat ? Did you stay on a set calorie intake or did you go higher?

Im not at my weight goal yet. Im getting there(have between but once I am there I have to figure out what my maintenance calories are,once I know what that is I will eat that amount. I have between 15-24lbs to lose depending on where I feel the best about things. Im wanting to get down to 140(what I was before and after I had kids) but I will take 150-155.when you get to maintenance your calories will be higher. I eat about 1700+ calories per day right now.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited June 2016
    for me its been a slower weight loss but Im ok with that. the slower the loss the better.Ive only been on mfp for almost 2 years before that I would lose and then gain back some of it thats why I came here.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Once you reach your goal you reset your mfp goal to "maintain", and it tells you what your new calorie limit is. As you get close to your goal, less than 20 lb, you should set your weight loss goal to "0.5 lb per week". This is also the most critical time to be using a digital scale. That 500 calorie deficit target is easy to blow through with eyeball guessing and measuring cups. If you've done this, and reached your goal, your new calorie limit will be 500 calories per day above your previous limit. Approach this carefully, adding 100 or 200 calories per day each week until you've carefully gotten adjusted to maintenance. Maintenance is not going to look like the way you were eating before. It will be a new life you'll have to learn to live.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Once you reach your goal you reset your mfp goal to "maintain", and it tells you what your new calorie limit is. As you get close to your goal, less than 20 lb, you should set your weight loss goal to "0.5 lb per week". This is also the most critical time to be using a digital scale. That 500 calorie deficit target is easy to blow through with eyeball guessing and measuring cups. If you've done this, and reached your goal, your new calorie limit will be 500 calories per day above your previous limit. Approach this carefully, adding 100 or 200 calories per day each week until you've carefully gotten adjusted to maintenance. Maintenance is not going to look like the way you were eating before. It will be a new life you'll have to learn to live.

I can actually agree with this
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Having cheeseburgers tomorrow for dinner. Thought about ice cream tonight as I had the calories left but decided instead to have pretzel crisps and hummus. Wanted crunchy and really like hummus.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member

today i had fried chicken, beer, and fries... also some chips for a snack. all in my 1400 calories for a deficit today.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    If you can find it, Halo Top ice cream is 240-280 cals per pint with 24g of protein in them and are amazing. My favorite is Birthday Cake with Chocolate being a close second. They run $3.99-$4.29/pint at my local Kroger.

If you want a cheap fast food cheeseburger with fewer cals, just ask for a cheeseburger at McDonalds. Its 300 cals for one and was 99 cents last I checked. The hamburger runs in at 89 cents and is 250 cals.

You could have a cheeseburger and a cup of chocolate ice cream all at once for just 420 calories.
  • ThatsJustEric
    ThatsJustEric Posts: 16 Member
    svel713 wrote: »
    If you can find it, Halo Top ice cream is 240-280 cals per pint with 24g of protein in them and are amazing. My favorite is Birthday Cake with Chocolate being a close second. They run $3.99-$4.29/pint at my local Kroger.

If I can find this I'm going to make sure I personally thank you
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    I still eat a fast food burger sometimes, too, but I make sure it will fit into my calories, and only on occasion. If people want to bring you food, just look at different fast food restaurant foods so you have an idea of what you can have them get. I like to get a small chili and plain baked potato from Wendy's, then I dump the chili onto my potato. Just look through their menu items and see what fits. You can still have it. A lot of calories can also be saved if you just don't eat the bun!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    svel713 wrote: »

If you want a cheap fast food cheeseburger with fewer cals, just ask for a cheeseburger at McDonalds. Its 300 cals for one and was 99 cents last I checked. The hamburger runs in at 89 cents and is 250 cals.

You could have a cheeseburger and a cup of chocolate ice cream all at once for just 420 calories.

mcdonalds here a hamburger is more than a $1 and the cheeseburger is like 1.49 and I dont live in a big city I live in a small town in WV,buts thats beside the point lol