Slimming world vs MFP

Options
Quick question for those of you who understand slimming world, I lost 4 stone in 6 months then put 2 stone in the last 10 months, it obviously wasn't sustainable for me and I get that, however I'm curious as to how I lost so much so quickly on slimming world, whereas now I'm watching my calories instead it's coming off at around 1-2lbs a week which I know is more sustainable, I'm just curious.

Replies

• lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 stone with SW but have maintained for the last 8 months so I am getting a bit disillusioned with SW. Going to try MFP again but still follow the SW principles. 1 -2lb a week is good healthy weight loss, I wish I had been losing that on SW for the last 8 months.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sw principles of eating freely off the lists is unsustainable.....calories are king, at first when you replace high calorie non filling snacks with proper food your calories will go down and weightloss will happen but as with weightloss once you get down to a point where your body gains or maintains at the level of eating you've become used to you have to tighten up.
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I swich between SW and counting calories. I get better resalts and more freedom with counting callories. But I sometimes I need a beak from counting callories, so I just do SW for a few weeks. Then I go back to counting callories. It works for me.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm not that familiar with slimming world, but I think the obvious answer would be that when you were following this plan, you were eating at a larger deficit. Try to log some of the meals that you might have eaten while you were doing SW and compare them with your current MFP goal.