Looking for supportive friends....

Options
RW7724
RW7724 Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
Weight has been an issue for me for as long as I can remember and I'm ready to get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of my life. Being a mom of two, a wife, and having a full time job I tend to put myself last. I'm focusing on losing weight, inches, and my overall health. I want to set goals and reward myself when I reach them. I hit my highest weight and feel like a failure. I want to drop 5 Jean sizes and hopefully around 100 lbs. Would love some like minded people just trying to get healthy and be better versions of themselves.

Replies

• Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi I have that same problem I am always worried about everyone else first. You can do it you just have to squeeze time out of the little time you do have for yourself. Try meal prepping while you are cooing dinner. It's hard at firest just stay focused. Feel free to add me everyone.
  • Sierra_Christine97
    Sierra_Christine97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im Sierra! Im a full time student - in fact my classes start Monday again for the summer! So I completely understand how its hard to put yourself and your health first when there are so many other things going on.

I have hit my highest as well, and we have the same goals! I want to drop about 3 jean sizes, and lose about 50 lbs, and then see how I feel there but I do need to lose 100 to be "healthy" but honestly I just want to be comfortable again!

I have used MFP in the past and lost 30 lbs and I know I can do it again but it takes dedication and supportive people around you! :)

I would love to help you reach your goals and have another fitness buddy on my feed to inspire me to get up and go each day!!!

Feel free to add me!!
  • RW7724
    RW7724 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being comfortable in my own body again would be amazing!! We got this <3
  • Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes you are definitely right
  • mummymichelle
    mummymichelle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request, need people to keep me motivated and push through the hard parts! ☺
  • steph_vt
    steph_vt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me we can motivate each other!
  • bunnies160
    bunnies160 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to get back into MFP and have never done the community forums before, just the weight tracking. I REALLY need motivation! I have to lose 60 lbs (how did this happen??)
  • Crazy_cat_lady_trainee
    Options
    Hello!!

Full time and part time job with wifely/kitty mom duties. I struggle with putting myself first. Have battled weight all my life. Hoping to loss 100lb as well.
  • AmyJo527
    AmyJo527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat...2 kids, full time student, and going back to work soon. I always put myself last. I lost 30lbs last summer and gained it all back over the school year because everything else was more important than taking care of myself. I am back at it now, I want to lose that 30lbs again, plus a little more. Feel free to add me!
  • BlizzardPearl
    BlizzardPearl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Please add me.
  • kacee221
    kacee221 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I understand completely how you feel as I am in the same boat. I am here to support you all the way! We got this! :)
  • carolineeasterbrook234
    Options
    Can you count me in too as I need some friends to help me keep committed? Been going ok for a while now and hitting that slump where I'm starting to veer off course :| would really appreciate connecting with a few new friends to help keep us on the tracks.