HELP A BROTHER OUT

Options
StuartieDrummond92
StuartieDrummond92 Posts: 7 Member
Hey guys! Any suggestions to meal prep for the week that I could make in bulk..? Something tastey as I have been eating the same old plain food since January.. fair enough the body fats dropped off me but I'm starting to get board and eating a becoming a struggle I'm not eating to enjoy food I'm eating to grow.. but some can do both right? Ha! Hit me up with your best high protien food recipes guys would be appreciated!

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    If you don't tell us what you've been eating that you are now tired of, how do we know what to suggest?
  • StuartieDrummond92
    Options
    3 wheatabix with 1 banana and a protien shake with 250ml greek yogurt (low fat) 1 scoop whey protien that's breakfast has been the same since January... 10 o'clock tuna pasta 100g pasta (dry) 1 tune of tuna chunks in brine with 50 ml full fat mayo also been eating this religiously for months on my tea break, 1 o'clock 200g sweet potatoe 50g brocolli 1 chicken breast or tuna steak.. protien shake which stated above before the gym. After the gym usually chicken curry 100g brown rice 1 chicken breast low fat/sugar sauce. Or sweet potato chicken asparagus or tuna steak... basically along those lines I've been eating everyday cause it works into my macros. That enough?
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Porridge with frozen berries, a scoop of protein powder and almond milk is an awesome breakfast. Tinned Mackerel in tomato sauce is super yummy with cous cous and vegetables.

Here's a recipe for baked turkey and spinach meatballs which are pretty high in protein. You can probably sub out the breadcrumbs for something else. I serve with homemade tomato sauce and brown pasta.

Ingredients
    400g lean turkey thigh mince
    1 diced large onion
    200g of spinach
    1 teaspoon of oregano
    1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes
    2 tablespoons of Worchestershire Sauce
    75ml of Chicken stock
    2 large eggs
    2 cloves of minced garlic
    100g of breadcrumbs
    Salt and pepper

Method
    Cook the onion, garlic, oregano and chilli flakes in a frying pan until the onion is soft.
    Add in spinach, worchestershire sauce and chicken stock to the pan. Cook until the spinach has wilted and most of the liquid is gone.
    Remove from heat and cool at room temperature
    In a bowl, combine the turkey, eggs and breadcrumbs. Add the cooled onion mixture in.
    Preheat your oven to gas mark 5
    Use your hands to shape into meatballs. I usually get around 15-20 depending on the size I make them.
    Bake for approximately 25 minutes making sure the turkey is cooked through.

I'm vegan now so I don't any of this anymore but I used to really enjoy them all! The meatballs are about roughly 60 calories each dependent on how big you make them. Good luck :)
  • StuartieDrummond92
    Options
    Awesome! Cheers! Screen shotted for the shopping list tomorrow
  • StuartieDrummond92
    Options
    :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    • Bake a batch of 12 mixed up eggs with pieces of bacon in it. Cut it into 4 pieces and have one a day for breakfast.
    • 10 oclock: Pastrami bagel with mustard.
    • Batch cook a load of chilli with lean mince and peppers (slow cooker works well) and serve roasted carrot "fries".
    • Dinner: Stroganoff made with rose veal and served on riced-cauliflower or rice (depending upon carb target)
    • Dessert: Beltsander brownie or protein ice cream or both.

You can batch cook the breakfast, lunch and dinner and incorporate these with your other batch cooked meals to vary things up.

Protein pancakes pre made and in Tupperware with a knob of butter and maple syrup are good microwaved for breakfast.

Other meals that tend to work well batched cooked: Pulled pork, Pulled chicken breast, pulled beef/brisket done in slow cooker. Lasagne. Fish pie. For curries experiment with the types - Red Thai works pretty well.

I often steam a big batch of salmon fillets, cook some couscous, and slow roast some red peppers then make up lunches that I eat cold (I prefer this meal cold to hot).

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    If big batches are your plan, you can introduce variety by freezing in portions, then over time you will end up with a collection of different meals in the freezer, which is much more interesting than eating the same leftovers for a week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is always the answer
  • sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    2 eggs in microwave safe bowl, 2 tbsp low sodium diced ham, 2 tbsp sharp cheddar 1 tbsp salsa (if preferred). 1:00 ok high and stir. Best scrambled eggs ever. 1:25 if you use the salsa for the extra liquid

2 minute prep about 250 calories
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a slow-cooker if you don't have one already. I live by mine! I make chili or soup or curry or an infinite number of other great recipes in bulk and portion them out before storing them. It easy (prep, set, and leave) and makes the house smell wonderful!
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Cheers! Screen shotted for the shopping list tomorrow
    No worries! Let me know if you do make them and like them. Don't tell me if you don't. My ego can't take it haha
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I posted a Mexican enchilada casserole recipe a few weeks ago. Search for it. Two options...350 and 430 cal. It is delicious. One recipe makes 4 servings.

If you need to spice it up even more, add salsa or picante sauce, maybe a little hot sauce.
  • SuequehannaWakiya
    SuequehannaWakiya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In Australia we make a zucchini slice ... Similar to the egg based meal mentioned above. Use low fat cheese and veggies like capsicum (or peppers or whatever you guys call them). I bake it twice a week as the family inhales it around here for lunches. Light and travels well in a lunchbox :)http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/5546/zucchini+slice
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here is a recipe for MIM (muffin in a minute) with 12 g protein from Atkins site. I love these and the variations are limited only by your imagination...they are the opposite of making foods in bulk but fit in with your desire to have a ready-to-go protein containing food that tastes good. So quick and easy to make! They can be sweet or savory or spicy...whatever you like and they truly do take only a minute to make. Good luck!

https://www.atkins.com/recipes/muffin-in-a-minute/165
  • rynr1219
    rynr1219 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    y60a881bqvdi.jpeg

Best breakfast to start off the day..obviously for lower cholesterol do egg whites.

3 eggs scrambled
    3 oz carrots
    1 large Apple
    2 scoops peanut butter (dip apple in it's amazing just sayin)
    2 multivitamins
    1 fish oil

586 calories
    50 g carbs
    34 g natural fats
    27 G protein
    9 g fiber
    Multivitamins
    Fish oil
  • rynr1219
    rynr1219 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jptpl6tsctef.png
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Roast a whole turkey and that will give you a week of meals. You can do the same with a large pork loin.

Use those simply sliced and served with vegetables, for tacos with high fiber tortillas, curries with rice, and stews. I also tend to eat Greek yogurt in the late morning with cheese and a couple pieces of fruit.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Roast a whole turkey and that will give you a week of meals.

More than a week! Although I suppose it depends how big the turkey is.

Roasts in general are great because the leftovers can be used in lots of different ways. Things like curries and pies are dead easy when you have cooked meat on hand.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Chili, lasagna, enchiladas, pot roast and roasted veggies.... Just a few things you can make healthfully in large batches.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies. They are nutritious, easy to prepare & has a variety of flavored. I love root veggies (carrots, sweet potatoes, etc) red onions, Brussels sprouts,etc. Quinoa is also great b/c you can eat it hot or cold and all kinds of veggies and beans into it. It works really well for meal prep. Use muffin tins to prepare a variety of egg breakfasts.