Logged my hockey game and...

All my Fitbit calories disappeared? I had over 400 adjusted calories so far today but when I entered my hockey game for exercise all the Fitbit calories I earned are gone and now it only shows the calories burn from my game... Anyone know why this is?

Replies

• a_hounslow09
    a_hounslow09 Posts: 36 Member
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    The Fitbit adjustment is based on the difference between your Fitbit calculated total calorie expenditure and your MFP estimate.

If you log an activity on MFP, the difference is reduced, so the adjustment will drop or disappear. It's great for reducing double counting with step based exercise (that's automatically accounted for in your Fitbit totals), but for things the Fitbit doesn't capture, it ends up understating your true total burn.

I generally log exercise directly through the Fitbit app to prevent this.
  • a_hounslow09
    a_hounslow09 Posts: 36 Member
    The Fitbit adjustment is based on the difference between your Fitbit calculated total calorie expenditure and your MFP estimate.

If you log an activity on MFP, the difference is reduced, so the adjustment will drop or disappear. It's great for reducing double counting with step based exercise (that's automatically accounted for in your Fitbit totals), but for things the Fitbit doesn't capture, it ends up understating your true total burn.

I generally log exercise directly through the Fitbit app to prevent this.
    I checked again later and it credited them back... I think maybe it happened because I pre-logged my game before I actually played, and then it readjusted after the game actually took place?