Meals to cook for an Anti estrogen diet

Options
I'm gonna start with an anti-estrogen diet, starting from tomorrow. I'm planning to go grocery shopping very soon but I'll need to have some ideas of what to cook in order to prepare for the week! :) I was hoping if anyone could give me some suggestions. I'm also dieting for my upcoming formal, so wish me luck and to the others that have already started or are gonna start ☺️

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    No soy, no tofu.

Boy, the store is full of foods that aren't soy or tofu based.
  • jmg000
    jmg000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What is an "anti-estrogen diet"? Is that a real thing and what's to purpose?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    jmg000 wrote: »

Sounds so full.of woo it isn't funny....

Product Description
    • Lower your risk of metabolic disorders, disease, and chronic weight gain

• Protect yourself against the estrogenic substances in the environment, products, water, and food

• Learn how certain foods and herbs can protect you!

Estrogenic chemicals—known for causing the near extinction of various living species—are found in some of the most common foods we eat.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Phytoestrogens are naturally-occurring plant compounds that are structurally and/or functionally similar to mammalian estrogens and their active metabolites. They have been associated with both health benefits and detriments. She is simply making a choice to avoid dietary estrogens. Her choice should not be shamed. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    No soy, no tofu.

Boy, the store is full of foods that aren't soy or tofu based.

This depends on the approach. Some approaches would say to eat soy products because they compete with estrogen for the receptors and thus lower estrogen. Research goes both ways, unfortunately.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    jmg000 wrote: »

Sounds so full.of woo it isn't funny....

Product Description
    • Lower your risk of metabolic disorders, disease, and chronic weight gain

• Protect yourself against the estrogenic substances in the environment, products, water, and food

• Learn how certain foods and herbs can protect you!

Estrogenic chemicals—known for causing the near extinction of various living species—are found in some of the most common foods we eat.

Clearly not something you need to worry about, yet, so I'd suggest carrying on elsewhere. cheers
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm gonna start with an anti-estrogen diet, starting from tomorrow. I'm planning to go grocery shopping very soon but I'll need to have some ideas of what to cook in order to prepare for the week! :) I was hoping if anyone could give me some suggestions. I'm also dieting for my upcoming formal, so wish me luck and to the others that have already started or are gonna start ☺️

OP: What are you hoping to accomplish? Do you have fibroids? Endometriosis? ovarian cysts? PCOS? And are you following a particular Dr. or author's approach? (i.e.: are there guidelines you're following?)
    Without knowing that, I'd say: make your decision about the isoflavones like soy and legumes. If you do eat soy, try for fermented, then eat lots of leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables, flax and chia seeds, and high fat seafood. Limit conventionally raised beef, dairy, and poultry. Limit alcohol and caffeine.

And, of course, if you're using hormonal birth control, including mirena, seek out other options.