Drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day burns...

Options
500 calories a week! (According to Dr. Sears on "The Doctors" TV show.)

Wow!

Replies

• RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I had the dietitian on base tell me the same thing. I really believe it. I've been drinking water like crazy.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The act of drinking? The lifting of the glass to my lips? Or is it the constant trips to the potty. I could see burning 75 extra calories a day just from walking to the bathroom so many times :wink:
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    The act of drinking? The lifting of the glass to my lips? Or is it the constant trips to the potty. I could see burning 75 extra calories a day just from walking to the bathroom so many times :wink:

:laugh: Same here!! My bedroom is upstairs and the bathroom is down the hall, then down the stairs, then through 3 rooms...quite the walk at night when I have to pee pretty much every 2 hours! Well maybe not every two but a lot and I think to myself "I better be burning some major calories!" haha. I think I pee more now then when I was pregnant! But its all good :)
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I have to agree with the ones about going to the bathroom. it is killin' me. i think we should be able to burn more than that just because we have to even think about it. :laugh: Not really. That is a lot of cals burned. I think there needs to be a water drinking exercise that we can count. If it is burning 500 cals a day then we should get somethin' out of it. lol
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm with you there! I'm definately peeing more than when I was pregnant. It's frustrating!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to work harder at getting in the 8 glasses of water per day.. Most days i am able to get in 4 glasses, but 8 is sort of hard.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I had the dietitian on base tell me the same thing. I really believe it. I've been drinking water like crazy.
    So it is confirmed! :) I dunno why, but I find it amazing.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I must burn quite a bit then as just today I had 25 glasses, not even counting the other 3 I'll have through the night haha.
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    WOW... I didn't know that! I defintely have to drink more water now... that will really motivate me!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I drank an entire glass of water after reading that. :smile:
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    going to fill up my water bottle now! hehehehe
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Amazing !! Bump :)
  • denyse24
    denyse24 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have such a hard time drinking water , I just never seem thirsty , sometimes I try to drink but it is if my body just dosen,t want it :( don't know what to do
  • Jerri68
    Jerri68 Posts: 14
    Options
    I read somewhere concerning weight loss that if you are trying to lose weight, you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day. For example if you weighed 200 pounds, then you would need to drink 100 ounces of water. I could cut my water intake down, but I am still drinking around a gallon a day!
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Good to know this! I'm glad I get my 8 glasses in everyday!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere concerning weight loss that if you are trying to lose weight, you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day. For example if you weighed 200 pounds, then you would need to drink 100 ounces of water. I could cut my water intake down, but I am still drinking around a gallon a day!

I heard the same thing...and I've been wondering if that's really the case. I try and get there, but I have to use the restroom almost every hour on the hour.
  • beccaboo1021
    Options
    500 calories a week! (According to Dr. Sears on "The Doctors" TV show.)

Wow!

Are you ready for the big question....you know it's coming, right??!! :wink: Somebody is gonna ask....."how do you log the 500 calories burned just for drinking water?" :bigsmile:

Just had to toss it out there, get it out of the way now, LOL. And, I personally have no intention of logging my physcal act of drinking or eating, for that matter!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Or is it the constant trips to the potty. I could see burning 75 extra calories a day just from walking to the bathroom so many times :wink:

Oh, I think it's way more than that! lol Seriously, I have never gone to the bathroom so much, which makes me a complete joy to travel with! :ohwell: My husband is fit to be tied when we no sooner get on the road, and I say, "I have to go...I mean really go!" I think I burn at least a 100 calories running from the van, into the convenience store, pushing old ladies and children out of my way, and flinging myself onto the toilet! :wink: Only to do it all over again in an hour!! It's when you start looking at the empty McDonald's cup, as you are traveling down the road w/an already irritated dh, and start thinking to yourself, "Hmmmm...I wonder if I could pee in that if it were a true emergency!" It's then you really know you have a problem!! :drinker:
  • cdenham001
    cdenham001 Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm going to have to work harder at getting in the 8 glasses of water per day.. Most days i am able to get in 4 glasses, but 8 is sort of hard.

I am the same way. I can barely get down four, I'm trying hard to get down 8 but I haven't made it yet. :)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    bump :)