HELP!!!!!!!!! please =)?????????

Options
Hi,
I'm 279 and 5 '8 I am a stay at home mom and I am getting married on June 27th. I live out in the country and cant get out to walk even around my house and my fiance has our only car so i cant pack up and just go walk.... so for exercise watch Gilad and do him for about 20 min a day clean for about 20 min a day and do Wii sports for 30-60 min a day, so I do get some workout....I have been doing the calrie counter and staying within my count.... i lost 2 pounds but then gain 1 I am the type of person where if I dont see results right away i get discourged, I realllllly want to lose 60 lbs by june... I am basically asking anyone who has struggled with a high weight such as mine has any tips, any stay at home moms that can tell me how not to get bored working out alone.... and what i can do to lost weight just a tad bit quicker, like 3 punds a week instead of 1 ....THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• solomonsmom
    solomonsmom Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 279 and 5 '8 I am a stay at home mom and I am getting married on June 27th. I live out in the country and cant get out to walk even around my house and my fiance has our only car so i cant pack up and just go walk.... so for exercise watch Gilad and do him for about 20 min a day clean for about 20 min a day and do Wii sports for 30-60 min a day, so I do get some workout....I have been doing the calrie counter and staying within my count.... i lost 2 pounds but then gain 1 I am the type of person where if I dont see results right away i get discourged, I realllllly want to lose 60 lbs by june... I am basically asking anyone who has struggled with a high weight such as mine has any tips, any stay at home moms that can tell me how not to get bored working out alone.... and what i can do to lost weight just a tad bit quicker, like 3 punds a week instead of 1 ....THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I wouldn't suggest losing 3 pounds a week. It's just not healthy. 1 to 2 pounds is healthier. The pound that you gained back is probably just water weight. Be patient.
    As for exercise you can go to youtube.com and find some good work outs. I'm doing the 30 day shred that I bought at walmart for cheap. What you are doing sounds good. I get bored easily too. You can get some yoga or pilates too just for some change.
    Just make sure your drinking your water, eating your exercise calories and staying within your calorie limit and you should see some more lose in no time.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sadly, there is no instant gratification when it comes to weightloss, but don't let that give you a "out" when it comes to losing weight. :flowerforyou:

What kind of foods are you eating? Even if you're staying within your calories you might be eating food high in sodium that is keeping you from losing weight.

Don't give up though, you're worth it! :smile:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    get my fitness coach for wii ... the routines change all the time so it doesn't get boring. Plus, you are exercising with a animated character - personally when I do a workout video with gorgeous people doing it I get discouraged. It is great and it kicks my butt - this is why I'm not working out today I can barely move. (maybe tonight)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old your kids are but I usually dance around the house with my kids for like 2 hours and its a great workout and the kids get mommy time and it doesn't feel like working out .I also get bored too but doing the dancing thing with my kids is great.Don't give up though I know I get the same way too if I don't see results.
  • mdebroy
    mdebroy Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi, I lost the weight in about 7 months years back when I had my son. It took lots of hard work but it's possible. I was home bound in the country at the time with my two kids and no car. I started doing things like gardening, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow anything to get moving. I started playing more with the kids. Going on nature walks. pulling them on a sled in the winter. I was doing 2 workout videos a day and yes even cleaning the house more will burn the extra calories. I tell you when I was trying to lose the weight my house was never cleaner. Watch what you eat and give yourself a cheat food once a week and you'll get there. Sometimes you'll see a big drop other times there won't be just try not to let it ruin or make your day!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi! I totally understand where you are coming from. I have 55 lbs to lose yet and I am a stay at home mom. My hubby just got on 1st for the first time in 10 years, so now I Have no car and have to workout at home. I have been doing the 30 day shred and Leslie Sansone walk the walk. I also have the biggest loser bootcamp that I am going to try and swtich up.

We can do this, just because we are limited with getting out and about and have to workout alone doesn't mean we can't do this!!

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • rollinrose
    rollinrose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since you have the Wii you should get My Fitness Coach. That is what i use to work out and it is great, look into it sometime :wink:
  • lilphatgrl80
    Options
    Dancing is a great workout i do it also and i jump rope,drink plenty of water and do cardio as much as you can during the day don't eat passed 6 or 7 and do stretches......This time last year i was 274 lbs i have lost almost 90 and the first 60 pounds was in the first 3 months........there was a whole lot of water weight i didn't know you had. And after i got myself in a routine i can stick with it was easy......I have 3 kids each one is 4 1/2 years apart........I clean my house all the time its like a never ending process but why i was walking through the house cleaning i would stop for a few mins and do 50 squats and hour later i would stop what i was doing and do 50 crunches just stuff like that to keep my heart rate up it burns more calories. You need to figure out what will be fun for you in a work out for you to stick with it and see results.....
    125583.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    aim for 2 lbs a week, not 3. SOme weeks you may lose 3 anyway, but don't try for it, it's not healthy. I'm at home all day too, and it a very isolated community in the north so there's not much to do and it's very cold outside to boot. I have some dance workout videos from walmart I do daily. Plus I actually like doing housework (it burns calories!) Also you can do lots of things at home- jumping jacks, skipping, running on the spot, yoga, push ups, crunches, etc etc etc. good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! :flowerforyou: If you're at home with the kids and need to pump up your workout, try some "outside of the box" ideas! For instance:

Don't walk across the room....LUNGE across the room! Your kids will get a kick out of seeing you take huge steps across a room, and they may mimic you! :laugh:

If you have kids aged 2-10 and they can sit up, then do the "pulley" exercise--you sit on the floor with your child with your legs in a V shape, and you grab each other's hands and pull each other back and forth and see how far back and forth you can go! Add some tickles and it's fun for you and the kids!

My daughter and I dance to Beyonce--and pretend we're just as sexy and talented as the wonderful Beyonce (it's actually kind of funny to watch us dance!!), or pretend we're the Rockettes and get our KICKS in the living room!

Make sure you're eating healthy and drinking plenty of water, and you'll be fine! And if you can't walk outside of the house, do all you can inside even if it means marching in place!!!
  • solomonsmom
    solomonsmom Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ouch I added sodium to my food diary and i ave gone over a lot!! also with my protien!