Help can I lose 5kg walking 10km for a month

Hey guys wanted to know ppls view on walking 10km for a few months ... Or as long as it takes to lose 5kg , plus I will be eating healthy and sticking to a strict diet

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,030 Member
    Walking is good, but its the food side that will affect your weight loss. How are you going to be measuring your intake? What does your 'strict diet' entail?
  • blairmisswaldof
    blairmisswaldof Posts: 8 Member
    First thanks for the reply , ddnt think any one would .
    Strict meaning 800 calories of protien , small amount of carbs and Calcium for my bones.
    I need to lose the weight quite fast as I have somthing coming up in July.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You're going to have to eat more. 800 calories is not healthy at all. And if 5 kg is all you have to lose, it's going to take some time. You might be able to get 1-3 off depending on when the event is.
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Try the Keto diet always find it works really well for me if I wanna loose a good amount of weight.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    First thanks for the reply , ddnt think any one would .
    Strict meaning 800 calories of protien , small amount of carbs and Calcium for my bones.
    I need to lose the weight quite fast as I have somthing coming up in July.

800 calories of only protein or 800 calories of high-protein foods? You're gonna need fat in your diet as well. If you are female the minimum you should be eating is 1200 and if you a guy then you should be eating at least 1500.

The maximum healthy weight loss is 2lb a week, so you could lose 8lbs before July!!

May I ask what it is that is happening in July? Why 5kg? Why 10km?
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I lost 3 kg last month 1200cals per day and walking 5km each day, sometimes eating back exercise cals. I agree you need fats like avocado, olive oil. I don't lose on less calls funnily enough. I have just two kg to go to be in healthy BMI so losing weight is possible!
  • Jpat0
    Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi, do you mind answering a few questions first?

How much do you currently weight? What is your height?
    Why 10km? What will be your walking pace (how long will it take you to walk 10km)?
    Are you unable to do anything other than walking?
    Why such a tight schedule?

I'll be able to answer properly after these are answered.