Couch to 5K-Goal to run 5K in September

Options
13»

Replies

• froggy77064
    froggy77064 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna give it a try starting next week.only on my 2nd week of trying to lose weight.
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I finshed week 2 this morning, onto week 3 on Saturday! The part I'm finding hardest is the breathing, my legs are ok and I can keep going but if I take my focus off of my music and actually think about breathing it gets so much harder. its all mental, I just can't seem to convince myself that I'm going to be ok.

me too!! i literally just cant breath and it drives me crazy. im not sure how mental mine is because like im so excited and want to do it but i cant breath. its so annoying
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I started today, kinda by accident. I was just out for a walk and there was no-one around, so I thought "what the heck" Did W1D1 then since I had to come back I did W1D2 as well. I feel OK at the mo, see what it's like tomorrow. I do walk a lot, so I think that's why I'm not struggling too much, mind you, 1 minute jogging at a time was plenty. Lol!:happy: :laugh:
  • melane71
    melane71 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow July 1st. I am not a runner so I really need the extra motivation, I do hike a lot though.
    Count me in.
  • meagmatt
    meagmatt Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is moving!
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I don't know what happened around the July 4th holiday, but I completely fell off of exercising. I stopped doing C25K and my longer cardio workouts. At the same time, I've lost 6 pounds. Go figure. At any rate, I think I'm going to start week 2 over and get myself back on track to run a 5k on my birthday (10/8).
  • meagmatt
    meagmatt Posts: 17
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I did week 3 day 2 this am with some incline on the treadmill and am feeling pretty good about it!
  • danacantski
    Options
    Count me in! Im new to the message boards but I would love to start using them :smile:
  • dmbnj
    dmbnj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started two weeks ago. I finished W3 but don't feel like I am ready for W4, so may repeat W3.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I finished this program late June and have been running since! To date, I've run 4 miles and have shaved 2 minutes and 12 seconds off of my 5k time. I LOVE running now and have began 10K training! The C25K program is incredible, you'll love it.
    I run my first 5k on August 21st.
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great Job MissAnjy!!! I am on week 7 of the C25K!! I have done the 25 minute run twice now.. I feel like I am SO close.. I plan to run a 5K in early October, 10K late October, and 1/2 at the end of November!!
  • dmbnj
    dmbnj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did W4D1 today and it was hard. Not sure if it was mostly mental or physical? The two 5min runs were hard. I did it and also added W2D1 as I skipped cardio yesterday. I survived.